Job Position: Director of Emergency Services
Location: Tomball, TX - 77375
Duration: Full Time – Permanent
Salary Range: $110K to $125K / Annually (Depends on Experience)
Sign On: Up to $10K
Relocation: Up to $10K
Client has, a 350 licensed bed acute care facility, is proudly part of Houston's largest healthcare system, and are dedicated to providing care, above all else. We are committed to providing quality healthcare while making a difference in our patients' and families' lives. Through exceptional technology and specialized medical staff, area residents receive a full range of medical services, close to home.
· 24 Bed ED.
· There are two strong managers in place. One at the main ED and one at the FSED.
· This Director will be over the main ED at the hospital.
· Approximately 60 FTE's
· Level 3 Trauma facility
The Director of Emergency Services Department assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department..
· Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
· Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
· Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
· Coach’s immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
· Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
· Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
· Facilitates evidence-based employee engagement practices.
· Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
· Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors’ potential future leaders
· Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
· Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
· Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
· Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
· Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
· Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
· Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
· Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
· Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
· Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
· Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
· Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Supports client by
· Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
· Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
· Performing other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in nursing required
· Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
· 3 Years of RECENT (Within the last year) ER experience as a director/manager. However, would speak with candidates with 1 year of experience.
· They can accept a candidate with FSED background as long as they meet the other requirements such as the degree and 3-4 years of leadership experience in the ED or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
· Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
· Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) required
· Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Please provide below information in order to submit your profile:
Candidate Full Name (as per Federal ID):
Date of Birth:
Available to start:
Phone screen Availability:
Reason for change:
- Developing health care center specific emergency response activities
- Direct the staff and program of the emergency services unit
- Evaluate emergency management preparedness and response program activities
- Direct the staff and programs of the emergency services unit
- Provide skilled, professional care in an emergency setting
- Direct nursing service activities in the emergency room
- Recognize and respond appropriately in an emergency situation
- Work cooperatively and supportively with the members of the medical staff to provide emergency services for all patients who present to the emergency department
- Provide emergency medical care including CPR and defibrillation
- Direct the staff and programs of the emergency services unit and ICU
- Supervise preparation and maintenance of emergency room patient clinical records, and write reports on emergency room staff performance and services
- Direct the staff and programs of the emergency services unit and critical care
- Providing oversight for the supervision of all staff members within emergency services
- Provide emergency care to community 24 hours a day, seven days a week at Midwest Regional's emergency department
- Communicate clearly & effectively with responding emergency units
- Attend basic and intermediate cast clinics as offered in emergency department
- Lead development and implementation of emergency services policies, procedures and strategy
- Serve as the subject matter expert and authority on emergency management
- Determine the scope of assessment and care for patients in need of emergency care
- Manage a coordinated approach to emergency dispatch capabilities during emergency operations
- Acute Care
- Registered Nurse