Seeking a project engineer to provide design solutions, problem resolution and organic sales growth for precision mechanical components and fasteners for a growing company that has a strong presence in manufacturing within many different types of industries.
This position is very much customer facing working with major manufacturing accounts in multiple industries.
Design Engineering Support (Product Development)
- Aid customer’s engineering department with new product design.
- Recommend optimum product solution(s) per application.
- Provide technical literature, including product and performance specifications, installation instructions, etc.
- Assist in review of new drawings.
- Coordinate obtaining and providing the necessary product(s) and support materials for the purpose of customer evaluations.
- Identify, develop and close opportunities with the customer to provide organic sales growth
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products.
- Collaborate with Sales to develop customer quotations and close opportunities.
- Offer after-sales support services.
Manufacturing Engineering Support
- First response for problem resolution at the manufacturing site.
- Liaison between customer and quality, purchasing, etc. for problem resolution, deviations, and other on-site activities.
- Develop and present cost savings ideas for the current products and assembly processes
General Engineering Support
- Organize, conduct, report and help implement cost savings projects, ideas and VA/VE events.
- Maintain accurate, current records regarding the evaluation and use of products and systems by customer.
- Assist in the technical orientation of the customer’s engineers for the purpose of increasing their effectiveness in specifying the correct products.
- Assist with identifying, evaluating products that can be consolidated and/or standardized and quantifying savings.
- Assist in sample support (prototype, catalogue, standards).
Organizational Responsibilities: Works in close cooperation with: General Sales Managers, Technical Services, Account Executives, Branch Managers, Quality Assurance, and Suppliers
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from a four-year university is required. BSME, Mechanical Engineering preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- 1 or more years’ experience working in a technical role.
- 1 or more years’ experience working directly with external customers
- Experience with mechanical components or fasteners is helpful
- Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft software applications required.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for selling products and services.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision drawings and parts.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and costs.
- Verbal / Nonverbal – Convey easily and quickly any message; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens attentively and seeks clarification; Responds well to questions; Maintain professional nonverbal communication analogous to situation.
- Written - Writes clearly and informatively with a high level of sophistication; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret complex written information.
Engineering Design Process