The primary focus of this position will be to serve as the junior application engineer for the company's Collaboration Services. As junior application engineer, this individual will be responsible for the support, integration, installation, testing and configuration for one or more company Collaboration Service applications. These solutions are currently hosted using a blend of industry leading products, applications and technologies from Microsoft, MobileIron, OpenText, Symantec, Citrix, CA, Dell, Apple, Google and several others.
In addition, this position will contribute to new solution commissioning efforts and documenting requirements and technical application performance reviews. This position will author organization-wide standards, procedures and processes.
As junior application engineer, this individual will perform system maintenance, upgrades and serve as the escalation point for incident management, problem management and request fulfillment activities for the Operations division within IT Services. This position is technical in nature and requires regular off-shift, on-call and weekend work.
1. Responsible for the installation, configuration and production turnover of company Collaboration Service applications.
2. Providing junior engineering support for industry best of breed applications for messaging, collaboration, mobility and related security functions.
3. Provide escalation support for the Change, Release, Incident, Request and Configuration Management processes for company's Collaboration Services technologies and services.
Required Skills and Competencies
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2
• Microsoft Windows Active Directory and Domain Management
• Microsoft DNS and DHCP Services
• Microsoft Exchange & Exchange Online (Office365)
• OpenText RightFax
• Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business
• Lotus Notes and SameTime
• Microsoft SharePoint & SharePoint Online (Office365)
• SharePoint Third Party Web Parts (Nintex, Bamboo, K2)
• Microsoft Office Online Server 2013 or 2016
• Microsoft OneDrive for Business or Yammer (Office365)
• AvePoint DocAve
• Windows IIS Server
• Lotus Domino
• MobileIron Core and Sentry
• Exchange ActiveSync
• Office365 InTune
• iOS, Android & Windows Phone Operating Systems and Devices
• Third Party Business Productivity Apps
Security and Archiving
• CA Data Protection
• Global Relay
• Exchange Archiving
• Symantec Enterprise Vault
1. Associates or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field or equivalent education and related training.
2. Educational experience with distributed systems in Information Technology.
3. Plan to work on a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification.
4. A basic understanding of applied enterprise-computing technologies and SDLC lifecycle processes.
5. Knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client server systems, problem analysis, and systems tuning. Familiar with network interfaces and technologies.
6. Very good verbal and written communications skills with ability to present technology requests and designs to associates and management.
7. Ability to travel as needed throughout the Carolina’s with occasional travel through the East Coast and continental United States.
8. Ability to work nights and weekends as needed or as planned for project and service rollouts and migrations.
Installations (Computer Systems)
Windows Server 2008 R2
Server (Computer Science)