Our client is a specialty materials manufacturer that needs a Quality Manager.
* Collaborate with all functions to insure adherence to quality work processes:
* Manager QC from sample preparation to QC testing to data integrity in ERP
* Maintain ISO / AS9100 compliance
* Handle NCMR /CEI process (non-conforming product and customer complaints/concerns)
* Oversee Customer Audits
* Work with other Plants Quality Managers driving improvement and standardization on all
* Support Operational excellence programs, direct activities and manage site project management
* Lead a safety culture by example and engagement with the quality and operations staff.
* Ensure safety requirements are understood and adhered to in the lab
ISO 9001 / AS9100:
* Manage the plant Quality Management System and ensure compliance with quality standards.
* Serve as site representative for internal, external and customer audits.
* Lead and coach the Quality team in successful audit execution.
* Participate as a member of the Corporate Audit Team
* Manage QC Lab & Quality Associates
* Ensure equipment is calibrated and records documented.
* Develop and maintain strategy for QC equipment reliability and testing capabilities.
* Manage Non-Conforming material process and support inventory control, including slow moving
and expired material maintenance
* Serve as Customer Quality contact for audits, CI initiatives, etc.
* Drive for excellence in Corrective Action/Preventative Action (CAPA) responses.
* Support customer requests as needed from a QA perspective (Certificate of Analysis C of A)
issues, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) Requests, Customer Complaint resolution (CEI)
* Own Processes for Customer specific needs (AS9100, QAKE, GMP, PPAP, PFMEA, PCD)
* Coordinate with site buyer to resolve incoming raw material concerns and ensure satisfactory
Process / Continuous Improvement:
* Serve on the Plant Leadership Team as the plant's overall quality leader / Lean Leader.
* Identify, monitor, and drive improvement in KPI's associated with customer quality
* Help lead, develop, and sustain a Continuous Improvement (CI) Environment including management
of the Project Management process.
* Foster and mentor use of various RCA at all levels of the site
Requirements for Quality Manager
* BS degree in engineering, chemistry or related field
* 5 + more years of experience in a Quality leadership role in a manufacturing environment
* Solid knowledge of statistic / Six sigma (Control Charting, SPC, Cpk, Cp, St, Dev, etc.);
* Green Belt or Black Belt certified preferred.
* Knowledge and understanding of ISO9001 + requirements, AS9100 and IATF 16949 preferred
* Demonstrate strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
* Computer skills in Minitab, Query, Microsoft Office - SAP experience preferred
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Good organizational skills
Six Sigma Methodology