To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Glendale, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Database Reliability Engineer
Software Resources • Glendale, CA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Software Resources has an immediate job opportunity for a Database Reliability Engineer in Glendale, CA.
18 month contract
From movie concept to film production. Global premiere to direct-to-consumer mobile
applications. You will innovate and deliver solutions that support a studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations. We're looking for passionate engineers who love Linux & contributing to open source projects, intimately familiar with cloud infrastructure, and are more comfortable in the shell as they are in an IDE. Lean, agile, self-sufficient teams is how we operate. We value a cloud first approach where we develop infrastructure-as-code. Automation should always do the work. You will be
apart of the team that provides the cutting edge cloud, systems, and infrastructure-as-code for every engineering team.
What you will be:
- Define, create, architect and build high-quality systems and databases
- Collaborate with other engineers and cross-functional teams
- Identify & evangelize new technologies, patterns, solutions, and best practices
- Self healing infrastructure-as-code, and automate everything
- Security is embedded in our DNA
Expert in popular DB engines (SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL)
- Thorough performance tuning skills for both DBs and application queries
- Expertise in leveraging AWS RDS or equivalent cloud DB PaaS (e.g. Azure SQL DB)
- Strong knowledge in system management languages (e.g. Chef, Terraform, Ansible)
- Automating routine db backups and restores on demand
- Embodies a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering culture with continuous delivery, cloud, and fully automated infrastructure-as-code
- Thorough knowledge of continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Right-sizing skills for proper scaling and performance
- Multiple scripting languages in your toolbox (e.g. Python, GO, PERL, or Powershell)
- Experience using building infrastructure via CLI in an automated, repeatable manner
- Familiarity with containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Skilled in Cloud/PaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Compute)
- UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience or equivalent
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at http://www.softwareresources.com/it-careers/it-job-search/
Software Resources specializes in IT talent recruitment services and workforce staffing solutions. Founded in 1992 as an IT staffing services firm, we are a privately held women-owned business enterprise (WBE), celebrating our 25th year in business. We are headquartered in Lake Mary, Florida, just outside of Orlando. With branches and sales professionals throughout the U.S., Software Resources is the staffing agency of choice for clients and consultants.
We specialize in IT. It's what we do and what we know, every day. We provide contract, contract to hire and direct hire placement IT staffing solutions for Energy, Entertainment/Gaming/New Media, Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Hospitality, Professional Services, and Security.