To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chesapeake, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
IT Business Analyst - Digital Marketing
Open Systems Technologies • Chesapeake, VA
Posted 4 days ago
The Business Analyst at CLIENT possesses advanced understanding of respective business functional areas, business management issues, and data analysis. This position will support the company’s Digital Marketing technology initiatives by taking a leadership role in the analysis of business requirements, researching and recommending best business practices and technical solutions, while delivering end products that meet business objectives on time and on budget.Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with team members from business sectors and the applications development team
- Assist in proposal writing, use case documentation and defining testing strategy and risks
- Assist and coordinate system and acceptance testing
- Helps troubleshoot deployment and environment issues associated with projects
- Develop IT deployment project processes and procedures
- Work independently to perform analysis of business partners’ requests, production issues and enhancements
- Lead business requirement gathering sessions, document business requirements and obtain approval by stakeholders
- Serve as a mentor to other business analysts
- Coordinate triage of efforts for situations or systems with multiple problems/issues and assures root cause is found
- Review roadmaps regularly with business
- Participate in transition planning, knowledge acquisition and documentation
- Provide inputs in managing project support activities, SLA planning and tracking, problem resolution
- Identify a business need, problem or opportunity, define the nature of the solution that meets the need and justify the investment necessary to deliver the solution
- Facilitate communication between organizations in aligning the needs of the business with capabilities delivered by IT
- Evaluate the work effort to complete requirements and UAT testing to provide project estimates, project plans, business impact analysis and project charters
- Create requirements using interviews, workshops, surveys, document analysis, use cases, scenarios, workflow analysis and business process description
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: business requirements (functional specifications) documents, use cases, interface designs, GUI/Screen designs
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- Drive and challenge business units or customers on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Serve as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Other duties as assigned
Office work environment, 40+ work hours per week
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience required.
Experience: 7+ years of related work experience in a Business Analyst capacity including at least 2 years supporting customer facing technology programs. Must have a general understanding of digital marketing principles and various systems, applications, and environments.
Must have experience with web and mobile implementations. UX experience preferred.
Must have experience with web authoring and content management system experience, Adobe Experience Manager is preferred.
Must have experience and core knowledge of both Android and iOS platforms.
Point of sale experience is a plus.
Experience with marketing resource management and/or content management systems (i.e. Aptaris) is a plus.
Job Related Skills: Experience participating and playing a leadership role in cross-functional IT projects; Ability to build relationships and trust with a variety of business partners quickly; excellent verbal and written communication skills; capacity to multi-task and provide effective follow up; sense of urgency and drive to work towards results and deadlines in a dynamic and changing environment.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in any type of Project Management technology (MS Project, Planview); advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with SharePoint and Office365 would be preferred.