Growth Horizons Inc. is a human services organization founded in 1979 by Paul Volosov, Ph.D. Growth Horizons supports people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) to make choices, attain life goals, build relationships and participate in community life. We treat everyone with respect, dignity, courtesy and equality regardless of ability.
At Growth Horizons Inc. We start with the presumption that all people have the right and ability to make choices regarding the direction of their own lives, people should be afforded the opportunity to form relationships within the community and have the right to take risk and learn through life experiences.
We are currently seeking for a Direct Care Support Staff to join our team. In this position work is done under the general direction of a Program Director/ Assistant Program Director who reviews work for effectiveness and adherence to program policies and procedures through conferences and reports.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Ensuring health needs of individuals are met by assisting with scheduling and coordinating medical, dental, and psychotherapy services accompanying and transporting individuals as necessary, securing necessary documentation, informing appropriate people, encouraging individuals to carry out recommendations and ensuring completion and monitoring of client.
· Providing program coverage when needed.
· Ensuring that the inside and outside of the home and vehicle are maintained and operated in a safe, secure and clean manner. Reporting safety concerns to the PD/office in a timely manner.
· Counselling individuals to help them more effectively deal with matters such as personal problems, personal values, vocational responsibilities, and interpersonal relationships.
· Completing required documentation (i.e. daily logs, med logs, medical/dental appointment form monthly and quarterly reports, reportable/non-reportable incident report, fire drill report, behavioral data reports goal plan forms, etc.
· Accurately accounting of any petty cash and individuals’ money left during their shift.
· Conducting self in a professional manner during all interactions.
· Maintaining effective working relationships with individuals, state and county officials.
· Present a positive role model for individuals.
Qualification and Skills:
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Valid drivers’ license
· Experience working in a residential program setting
· Positive can-do attitude
· Strong communication skills
· Must display professional attitude at all time
Eligible Growth Horizons Inc. employees will receive:
· Competitive pay, benefits (medical, Dental, Vision)
· 401k options
· Opportunity for growth and advancement.
Growth Horizons Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about Growth Horizons services, benefits and careers please visit our website URL blocked - click to apply