Ohio Utilities Protection Service (OHIO811) is seeking an experienced Human Resources Professional. The Human Resources / Payroll Manager plays a vital role in the overall success of the organization by managing and overseeing the daily operations of Human Resources and Payroll. This opportunity provides a comprehensive benefits package. Work location in North Jackson, OH.
The Human Resources / Payroll Manager is responsible to ensure that sound and consistent practices are applied for all employees through compliance with all company policies, and state, local, and Federal legislation. Additionally, the Human Resources / Payroll Manager position is a hybrid role and will have responsibilities relating to the processing of all payroll in accordance with company guidelines, payroll tax laws, and federal and state compensation laws, as well as managing Human Resource functions.
To succeed as the Human Resources / Payroll Manager, you should be analytical, detail-oriented, and honest. The ideal Human Resources Manager should possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as strong understanding of Federal, State and Local laws.
· BA/BS in Human Resources or related degree preferred with 3 or more years of experience in a supervisory role or a minimum of 5 or more years of direct experience in progressively responsible Human Resource roles.
· HR Certification through HRCI or SHRM preferred.
· Knowledge of Kronos HCM is required.
· Knowledge and ability to learn and use a variety of computerized HRIS/ HCM and computer software. Must be at a proficient level in using Microsoft Excel, Power-Point and Word and be able to manipulate and covert data into spreadsheets.
· Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of financial and personal information.
· Ability to occasionally travel regionally, nationally; reliable transportation and valid drivers’ license required.
This position is open until filled. No phone calls, please.
The OHIO811 mission is to prevent damage to member facilities and promote public safety by providing an efficient and effective communication and education process.
For more information about Ohio Utilities Protection Service (OHIO811), please visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Human Resources / Payroll Manager
· Employee Onboarding: Complete onboarding documentation and conduct new employee orientation.
· Employee Relations: Investigating of all employee concerns. Follow the formal counseling and progressive disciplinary procedures. Hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors. Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions.
· Benefit Administration: Administer employee benefits, acting as a liaison between employees and Third Party Service providers. Reconciling benefits statements and monthly payroll deductions. Coordinate Open Enrollment. Participate as a pension committee trustee. Reconcile the pension plan and process pension distributions. Update Kronos HCM with benefit changes.
· Human Resources: Maintain employee personnel files and Kronos HCM records. Administer FMLA, WC and other leave of absence. Maintain and update employee handbook.
· Payroll: Process bi-weekly payroll using Kronos HCM. Respond and resolves employee’s questions and problems with paychecks.
· HCM/ HRIS: Researches and resolves HRIS system problems. Conducts end-user, administrator and manager training on Payroll and Kronos HCM software. Build and compile reports and analysis of data as needed.
· Risk Management: Participate in the annual business insurance renewal process.
· Ensure compliance to all government regulation Federal and State – Unemployment, FMLA, ADA, Insurance, and mandated posters.
· Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
An individual must satisfactorily meet these key responsibilities to perform the job successfully. As work load and circumstances vary, this position must contribute to team effort by being flexible and performing, either temporarily or permanently, other duties or tasks as assigned by management.