Part-time Retail Sales Specialist
You will serve on a team whose job is to help REI, the nation’s largest consumer co-op, engage with all of its audiences. You will contribute to the success of REI by processing purchase transactions, selling memberships and other REI products and services to customers, supporting our 100% satisfaction guarantee by processing customer returns, and completing other unique customer service functions. You will maintain a working knowledge of REI products and services and use this knowledge to sell products, services, and memberships to our customers. You help to maintain the store visual standards and assist in keeping the floor stocked with merchandise. REI employees pride themselves on living the REI values: balance, authenticity, quality, service, respect, and integrity. Sound interesting? Keep reading to learn more about this position and life at REI.
Bring your passion and expertise
Do you aspire to adventure? Do you thrive in the outdoors and want to help others do the same? Bring your passion to REI and help fulfill our mission to educate, inspire and outfit our customers for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship! Here are some qualities we look for in our Sales Specialists:
• Previous retail store experience (preferred)
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
• Effective communication skills.
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
• Knowledgeable of outdoor activities in assigned department.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
• Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
• Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
• Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
apply for more information
Address Prospective Client
Create Sale Plan
Identifying New Prospects