Who We Are
We love helping our healthcare clients find and keep top talent. If you want to love what you do, find purpose and make a difference, then samstaff is for you!
We are looking for several Inpatient Coders to join our progressive client. The position is perfect for someone who is passionate about analyzes, abstracts, and codes demographic, patient and cancer related information, and seeks a fast paced, varied work environment. Our passionate, creative and talented employees are transforming the healthcare staffing industry. We value our employees and recognize and reward hard work. We are obsessive about creating great experiences for our clients and consultants. We have fun while we work and achieve our goals. We are changing the landscape of the healthcare staffing industry are looking for teammates who want to make an impact!
We think you would love being a Inpatient Coder 1, 2, or 3 with samstaff, if you:
- Are a top notch coder who takes great pride in your work
- Are a fun and performance-driven individual
- Desire to support clients by dreaming big and delivering big!
- Are willing to put others first
- Desire work-life balance
- Possess attention to detail and a desire to learn more
- Value community involvement
- Understand that results matter
- Fight for simplicity
- Enjoy being part of a high energy team
A typical Day in the life of a Inpatient Coder consists of….
- Have knowledge of ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM/PCS), and CPT coding systems.
- Maintain quality and productivity standards established for the department and demonstrate proficiency in coding all types of high-complexity records
- Assist with mentoring or training newly on-boarded Coders, Apprentices, and clinical practice students orienting to the department
- Supporting special projects for the client’s Department
- Periodically coming on-site.
- Ensuring an excellent client experience through active listening, prompt and consistent follow up and communication
- Collaborating with a dedicated team of Client Advisors to facilitate a successful process for our clients
You’re AMAZING at….
- Multi-tasking and completing projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Partnering with internal team members to ensure clients receive exceptional service
- Strong self-management and ability to take initiative
- Prioritizing competing demands quickly and independently
- Seeing projects through to completion in a timely manner
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Possession of a national certification in health information management coding from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) as a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), RHIT and/or RHIA.
- Expert-level knowledge of guidelines for the sequencing of diagnosis and procedure codes for appropriate classification systems.
- Expert-level knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology and medical terminology to accurately translate medical record documentation into the appropriate classification system for reporting purposes.
- At least one years of coding experience in an acute care setting
- Excellent typing and computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Tumor Registry software required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to engage by phone and email
- Ability to prioritize the workload and deliver under tight deadlines
samstaff is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
- Perform coding of various types of medical record coding
- Perform clinical coverage review of CPT and HCPCS
- Planning on working two fulltime positions will not be considered
- Provide coding and coding auditing services directly to providers
- Perform coding across multiple hospitals
- Perform coding across multiple entities
- Resolve charge entry coding errors
- Perform coding across multiple hospitals
- Complete the coding portion of the IRF-PAI
- Report to the account coding manager
- Attend coding meetings, conference calls
- Encounter forms and applies coding training
- Attend coding conferences, workshops, and in-house sessions to receive updated coding information on changes in coding and/or regulations
- Requested in the coding and abstracting process
- Provide chart coding audits per agency policy
- Perform coding reviews based on customer billing disputes
- Answering coding questions and screening candidates at times
- Keep coding knowledge base current with Precyse University
- Keep coding knowledge base current with Precyse University, available to all coding colleagues
- Perform inpatient, ambulatory surgery, emergency room, outpatient and evaluation/management coding audits on coding colleague work