- Handles (or assists with handling) case management activities for environmental monitoring and remediation projects, including managing the implementation of project work plans such as: scheduling, reporting, budgeting support, subcontractor coordination and client / regulatory interaction.
- Performs field activities including, sub-slab soil gas installations, groundwater sampling, gauging, bailing, surveying, monitoring well installations, remedial excavations and fieldwork oversight.
- Records data, prepares reports, and provides analysis / interpretations of findings based on scientific experimentation and existing knowledge.
- Performs hydrogeological assessments regarding groundwater flows to identify contamination impact and related concerns.
- Participates in the identification of viable remedial solutions consistent with all Federal, state, and local regulations.
- Prepares (or assists with preparing) technically accurate, complete and concise work plans based on evaluation of site data needs.
- Adheres to GES Loss Prevention System (LPS) safety protocols.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science or a related discipline.
- 3-7+ years of related experience. Field construction oversight and/or drilling experience is a plus.
- Must have working knowledge of New York's environmental regulations / NYSDEC regulatory requirements.
- Must be agreeable to travel up to 25%
- Must be detail-oriented, and a team player with excellent communication, analytical, organization, and time management skills.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription card, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 508291
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
GES was founded in 1985 as a privately-held consulting firm providing a total environmental solution: assessment, engineering, remediation, site closure, and liability management services. Our founding partners were determined to create a company that fostered teamwork, creativity, a can-do attitude, and a commitment to providing excellent service. GES has grown by developing opportunities for its employees through geographic expansion, service diversification, and a keen anticipation of our clients’ evolving needs. Our first clients remain clients today, joined by many of the world’s most prominent petroleum and manufacturing companies.
View the full profile
With a consistent vision, GES attracts and retains the best minds and greatest talent with opportunities for creativity and professional development. Our people are some of the highest-skilled, hardest-working employees in the business. The result? Creative approaches, advancements in remediation technology, alternative contracting mechanisms, and efficient service delivery methods that return value to our clients.
Today, with 700 employees serving clients nationwide – and internationally, GES is poised for steady growth and increased leadership in the environmental field.
At GES, our knowledge comes directly from the experience of our in-house experts: engineers, environmental scientists, hydrogeologists, program managers, and technicians. Because we firmly believe knowledge is not valuable unless used, our experts use their knowledge every day to develop and employ some of the most innovative processes and tools in the industry.