To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Zurich, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Same Day Delivery Driver
PEAPOD • Lake Zurich, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Same Day Delivery Driver
Full-Time and Part-Time needed
1st and 2nd shift openings
Same Day Delivery Drivers will be utilized to transport same day delivery orders to designated location(s) for 3rd party Pick-up Drivers
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
· Timely delivery of grocery products to multiple locations and unload independently handing off orders to other drivers.
· Be able to pull and stage totes for delivery drivers picking up orders using phone scanner for accuracy.
· Ability to safely navigate a delivery truck while making deliveries.
· Must be able to maintain a planned delivery schedule with minimal exceptions without interruption to our pick-up drivers.
· Abilty to lift and carry containers up to 60 lbs. Walking, climbing stairs and entering buildings are required.
· Must follow detailed route summary without variation.
· Will capably deliver products accurately while logging route information.
· Ability to load and unload trucks as needed.
· Practices food safety in every aspect of the position.
· Able to safely and efficiently operate a truck ramp or lift gate.
· Processing and delivery of customer paperwork and return items to the proper locations or departments.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Basic understanding of routing procedures and basket size relating to tote issues, Peapod Transportation Driver Expectations.
Good understanding of all rules of the road. Navigational skills required.
· Excellent dependability, attendance and communication skills are necessary.
· Must maintain a valid driver's license with no more than two moving violations OR 2 preventable accidents in the past 3 years.
· Circulate marketing materials, such as pamphlets, as needed.
· Must maintain a high standard when it comes to performance, attendance, safety and teamwork.
· May serve as back-up to our regular Peapod Delivery Drivers as needed.
· Must be able to pass a truck driving test, Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check, DOT drug test and DOT physical. Must be at least 21 years old.