To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Villa, IL 60046
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Part-Time Registered Nurse
Allendale Association • Lake Villa, IL
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
For over 120 years, our mission has been dedicated to helping children and families overcome the overwhelming impact of severe emotional and behavior issues and trauma through services and programs that create opportunities for children to learn, grow and heal.
We are seeking Part-Time, 2nd shift and weekend, Registered Nurses to administer medications to residents and students; verifies, prepares and monitors administration of all medications for residential units. Prepares home visit medication packets. Administers injections as needed. Assists with procedures involved with medical tests.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an education assistance program within an environment that promotes professional growth.
· Provides health services and first aid to residents, students and Agency employees in accordance with standard nursing procedures, regulatory standards and Agency standards. Responds to residents regarding medical issues/concerns; and provides instruction to residents, students and staff regarding basic medical care. Provides restraint and seclusion orders and completes on-site assessments.
· Processes lab test orders and orders for new psychotropic medications, medication changes and discontinuations from physicians and psychiatrists. Maintains related records (computerized and paper copies).
· Maintains patient charts; and prepares and processes daily paperwork including paperwork related to appointments and results of appointment follow-ups, employee injury reports and medical incident reports. Compiles data used for treatment plans and Health Services related reports. Completes health-staffing reports per Agency requirements.
· Contacts guardians for consents on medications or other medical services. Keeps medication consents up to date.
· Assists with the coordination and scheduling of regular health care for residents, students and staff including: annual physicals, dental exams, hearing and vision screenings, and routine immunizations.
· Works with other Agency staff and referring agencies to assure quality and continuity of medical care and maintenance of health standards. Provides guidance to professional, supervisory and other Agency staff regarding health related issues.
· Drives residents to medical or dental appointments, and picks-up pharmaceutical supplies.
· Conducts CPR and first aid classes, and assists with other health services related staff training as requested.
· Shares and communicates knowledge related to job functions with nursing and administrative staff as appropriate.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Associates Degree in Nursing
· Illinois RN licensure
· CPR and Red Cross certification in first aid
· Knowledge of JCAHO standards, OSHA BBP rules, Illinois Nursing Practice Acts, and Illinois Code related to schools and health care
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record
Job type: Part-Time; 2nd Shift and Weekends
Job Location: Lake Villa, IL
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
All employment is contingent on an educational, motor vehicle, and criminal background check.
Connect with us on Facebook ( The Allendale Association), Twitter (@Allendale1),
and LinkedIn ( Allendale Association)
Related search terms: RN, Registered Nurse, Nursing, Nurse, Client Care, Social Services, Social Work, Human Services, Children, Family, Mental Health, Psychology, Non-profit