To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sandra Panarello
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Software Engineer Java, C++, Rails or C# & Security
Amazon • US-Nationwide
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Amazon Web Services, is currently seeking Software Engineers in Herndon, VA
We are currently looking for highly intelligent software and systems professionals to join us and help us continue to raise the security bar for cloud computing. Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They harness the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. The AWS Security team owns security for all of these services offered by AWS, including EC2, S3, and many others.
Our team works with the many AWS teams to solve security challenges on a massive scale. We enable the trust by building services that meet the security goals of our customers, from compliance to analysis. We dive deep into security technologies such as new authentication systems, hardware security components, cryptography, system hardening, and massive-scale audit analysis, so if you would like the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History and be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up, and gain top-notch experience in cloud computing.
Relocation assistance is available for this position!
We will be in Herndon, VA for a hiring event the week of July 29th-August 2nd
We hope you can join us!
As an Software Engineer you will:
· Working with users to design new AWS security features, prototyping and demonstrating features to your users
· Working on complex system software
· Front end full stack development
· Deploying software through our large automated systems
· Operationally supporting your newly deployed software
· Use AWS services to solve design problems
· Look for radical new approaches to automate fixes for operational issues
· Interact with AWS teams to integrate your application with theirs
· Operate and engineer systems on a massive scale
· Upper Stack development, Building and configuring applications
· Building scalable and robust user interfaces
· Be responsible for building the best customer experience, keeping latency, security, and usability in mind
· collaborate with other Software Engineers to guide the team on development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions that you build
· Work with Agile methodologies
· Work on AWS Fraud, Safety, Security and Data Breach prevention
· You will lead and mentor other talented engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years software development experience in a combination of any of the following languages: C++, Java, C#, Python or Ruby
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Linux operating system development
- In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
- Strong knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols
- Some experience with security tools such as intrusion detection, log analysis, and network scanning.
- Breadth of experience covering the "stack" of front-end web user interfaces and web servers through to back-end analysis and storage systems
- Highly proficient in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and implementation experience
- Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications at massive scale
- A person that thrives and succeeds in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role