To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
13199 East Montview Boulevard
Aurora, CO 80045
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Healthcare Revenue Cycle Analyst
CU Medicine • Aurora, CO
Posted 2 months ago
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Accounts Receivable Resolution Department as a Revenue Cycle Analyst.
The Revenue Cycle Analyst is responsible for the high level analysis of department/specialty billing and collecting trends, as well as monitoring, reporting and communicating on specific department trends and impact on the overall financial performance.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
● Maintain integrity in the tracking mechanism to ensure reliable reporting of controllable and uncontrollable impacts to revenue.
● Audit allowance write-offs to control losses due to errors.
● Analyze and provide communication quarterly in regard to rejection patterns including recommendations for the department as a business unit.
● Advise management, via monthly reports, regarding the status of key performance indicators for each Division.
● Evaluate and identify opportunities to positively affect the bottom line financial position of the department.
● Assist manager in review of reimbursement analysis, and other financial reporting as required to reduce identified issues or trends.
● Support team with requests concerning patient accounts.
● Communicate to management the status of specific patient accounts and make recommendations regarding collection of accounts when necessary.
● Coordinate ways to improve issues involving insurance, registration, billing, claims, reimbursement, and coding.
● Work cohesively with the team to reduce denial trends.
● Maintain and update reference tool to streamline business processes and allow for more efficient operations and effective departmental communication, as requested.
● Maintain in-depth knowledge of federal, state and all third party insurance policies, practices and procedures.
● Complete or assist with special projects and assignments as requested.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare; or 8 years’ experience in direct, high profile physician billing. Must possess a CPC or obtain a CPC certification within six months of hire and maintain throughout employment in position. Minimum of 5 years’ direct responsibility managing a physician’s office or senior level position with physician accounts receivable and collection responsibilities. Advanced working knowledge of ICD- 10, CPT coding, and medical terminology as they specifically associate with medical insurance coverage and government programs is essential. Strong analytical, mathematical and clerical skills are necessary. Must have advanced working knowledge of physician reimbursement and contract analysis with the ability to run, interpret, analyze and provide information obtained from all financial reporting. Solid PC and application skills are critical.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit our website at www.cumedicine.us Reference job #313. All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.