To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbia, MD
- Alexa Correia
- Phone: (410)480-8002
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Construction Project Manager
RealStreet • Columbia, MD
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Project Manager (Construction) with one of our top clients. As a Project Manager (Construction), you will be supporting our client, a commercial general contracting firm.
The Project Manager (Construction) position is based in Columbia, Maryland supporting our client. The Project Manager (Construction) will be managing between 2 and 3 projects at any one time and will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities from concept through completion, to include:
- Managing the pre-construction and construction of small to medium sized commercial construction projects
- Interfacing with owners, design teams, consultants, subcontractors and field managers
- Managing 2 - 3 projects simultaneously while maintaining contact with existing clients and performing bidding and pre-construction activities for future opportunities
- Soliciting bids from subcontractors and assisting in the preparation of estimates and proposals
- Managing project finances, satisfying reporting requirements and utilizing one of the standard construction accounting platforms
- Creating multi-task schedules using standard scheduling software platforms
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with other construction and real estate professionals with a focus on creating business opportunities
- Identifying, soliciting, reviewing and editing project submittal data to assure conformance with project documents
- Managing finances, and reviewing and approving subcontractor requisitions and material invoices for payment
Specific qualifications for the Project Manager (Construction) role include:
- B.S. Degree or higher, preferably in construction management, engineering or similar applicable discipline
- 3 years minimum total construction experience with at least 1 years of commercial construction as a project manager
- Understanding of pre-construction process and experience soliciting bids from subcontractors and assisting in the preparation of estimates and proposals
- Must have experience acting as a Project Manager on small to medium sized projects, interfacing with subcontractors, suppliers, design team, owners and field personnel
- Experience with cost accounting and ability to manage project finances, satisfy reporting requirements and utilize one of the standard construction accounting platforms
- Basic experience with CPM schedule logic and creating multi-task schedules using one of the standard scheduling software platforms
- Experience with Timberline, Primavera and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred
- Experience identifying, soliciting, reviewing and editing project submittal data to assure conformance with project documents
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!