Provide project management leadership for large initiatives impacting Communications, such as implementation of member language preference, transitioning to a new content management system, and coordination of other complex communications with multi-faceted impact. Serve as a leader and change agent: engage key stakeholders, oversee cross-functional teams, drive decisions, navigate roadblocks, report out on status, and run to ground. Ensure goals are met on time and on budget.
- Plan and execute complex projects: develop and maintain an integrated project plan that specifies objectives, timelines, and key deliverables; facilitate project meetings; ensure appropriate resources have been allocated; provide status updates; follow up on deliverables.
- Cultivate strong relationships internally and externally with necessary stakeholders for effective cross-functional collaboration around shared goals.
- Ensure proper development, preparation, and delivery of all project-related documentation and communication.
- Ensure visibility and availability of project information.
- Identify, anticipate, prevent, mitigate, communicate, and monitor risks and obstacles.
- Work with appropriate parties to resolve; escalate if needed.
- Monitor and control project scope; ensure proper change control procedures are followed on all change requests.
- Develop/participate in the development of change communications relative to the project outcome.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in healthcare, business, or related field preferred
- (PMI) Project Management certification is preferred
- Experience with communications and/or translation management is preferred
- 10 - 12 years of related work experience required
- Strategic and analytical thinker who can set and deliver on business goals; ability to “connect the dots" and see how large and small details fit into, and impact, projects. Ability to quickly digest and navigate unknown, complex concepts required
- Outstanding attention to detail, organizing, prioritizing, time management, and multitasking required
- Self-starter and independent contributor with an outstanding work ethic who can lead teams and meet deadlines required
- Working knowledge of program/project management across multiple products and lines of business required
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external clients, building strong relationships required
- Proficient in MS Office applications (word processing, database/spreadsheet, presentation, org chart/flowchart). Knowledgeable in Visio and Project required
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written, presentation), and the ability to articulate clearly and simply to all types and levels of audiences; ability to negotiate and persuade to facilitate alignment of stakeholders required
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally and in a change organization required
- Industry level understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial lines of business; health insurance products and concepts in general preferred
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 190LI
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.