Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are currently seeking a hourly Child Care Cook 1 to join our Learning and Wellness Center Team!
The Child Care Cook 1 assists the Head Start Cook with operation of the kitchen and servicing of meals in the Head Start program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares daily meals for 3-5 year olds using approved menus, making adjustments for children's special needs.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen, foods, utensils, and equipment in accordance with health codes and industry standards.
- Sets up food carts for the classrooms, delivers and removes them on time.
- Handles stock and equipment, including storage and rotation, and operates institutional appliances.
- Follows accepted safety practices when using equipment and utensils.
- Maintains record keeping including production charts, temperature charts, and inventory.
- Gives direction to food service aide and parent volunteers as assigned.
- Assists with general food operations including cleanup, stocking, and inventory.
- Meets all requirements of the Child Care Food Program, city, state, and Head Start performance standards.
- Provides information and limited assistance to teaching staff for nutrition and cooking lessons.
- Participates in staff meetings and training sessions.
- Works effectively with diverse staff and service population.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience cooking for large groups.
- Food Sanitation Certificate
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/ HSA contributions
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan with E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Network