Leonardo DRS is currently seeking Electronic Quality Technician for their Milwaukee, Wisconsin location.
The Leonardo DRS Naval Power Systems business is a trusted provider of innovative naval gas and hybrid power systems, control technology and support solutions for the U.S. Navy and navies around the world.
An Electronic Quality Technician provides quality testing and inspections on complex components, devices, materials, products, processes and/or equipment in support of design engineers during the design, test, and manufacturing stages.
If you are looking for a challenge and have experience with reading blue prints, schematics, and wiring diagrams Oscilloscopes in a Quality capacity we would like to speak with you! Please Apply!
Relocation Assistance is Available!!!
As an Electronic Quality Technician you will:
- Performs complex inspection activities at all stages of the manufacturing process, to assess product conformance to the design as defined by the engineering drawings and/or models
- Work from complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches
- Perform detailed electrical, mechanical, material, and assembly inspections and testing of products, components, printed circuit components, subassemblies and finished goods
- Supports Quality Engineers through identifying and problem solving nonconforming conditions which present existing or impending defective conditions at the system or subsystem level of assembly
- Oversees the preparation of inspection plans and checklists for inspections
- Generate discrepancy notices and initiate Material Review Board actions
- Perform material movement transactions after completing inspection process
- Testing and inspection of electronic, optical, PWA or mechanical assemblies
- Interpret and follow written documents such as SOPs and safety rules
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Position requires the ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
- Must be a US Citizen
- Associates Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 plus years of applicable related experience
- Ability to read mechanical drawings, Blue prints and the ability to verify parts dimensions against drawing requirements along with a strong mechanical aptitude
- Experienced handling small delicate components, using ESD practices
- Experience using a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), Optical comparator or other complex inspection systems
- Experienced in the use of various computer applications, including Access, Excel, and design drawing programs
- pass a background check and 10 point drug test
- Experience Soldering and Welding
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry
Coordinate Measuring Machine (Cmm)