To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2049 Bartow Avenue
Bronx, NY 10475
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Riverbay Corporation • Bronx, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Covering and writing weekly news and feature articles for the newspaper, headlines and photo captions.
Directing all aspects of the production of the weekly newspaper from initial layout through final page proofs.
Overseeing line edits, proofread/copyedits and trafficking of all pages; checking corrections; conducting final edits; copy editing all submissions for style and errors.
Reviewing material submitted for publication for any potential legal issues in text, such as libelous statements and misstatements of fact and ensuring conformance with corporation's by-laws and board resolutions regarding content.
Working directly with the Editor-in-Chief and reporters to develop stories for the weekly and online editions, including brainstorming story ideas, assigning stories and working with the production staff as they design and produce pages.
Managing relationships with freelance writers and photographers.
Enforcing editorial deadlines and tracking story ideas and keeping tabs on their progress.
Supporting the Editor-In-Chief's goals and expectations for the newsroom staff and the stories we publish in the newspaper, as well as digital and video content.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Communications
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus 5 years work experience in community journalism
- Experience working with print and online journalism, including video reporting and editing website management and social media required.
- Strong ability to problem-solve and multi-task within a challenging deadline environment and a passion and belief in quality community and advocacy journalism that engages, informs and educates.
- Production experience or knowledge a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is essential, including experience with digital photography.
- Strong knowledge of InDesign or Quark Express9 and up, Photoshop and Adobe Premiere 5 and up