Company & Position Summary
The Orlans Group is an entrepreneurial certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Troy-based, multi-site company and is one of the largest woman-owned law firms in the United States that serves the real estate financial industry, as well as providing new innovative legal and processing solutions for our clients.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager who will be responsible for the oversight and coordination of all marketing and promotional pieces for The Orlans Group, following each project from concept to completion. This includes copy for print, videos, company websites and social media outreach.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your creative talents, interact with business executives and work with key vendors to be involved in the creation and management of 5-6 different brands that make up the Orlans Group. The Marketing Manager will oversee all marketing functions, manage key vendors and be able to write creative copy for all parts of our business.
We are looking for a creative, resourceful, self-starter Marketing Manager who has the ability to learn and grow, see the whole picture, and will manage the budget for the marketing department.
Reporting & Key Relationships
The Marketing Manager is a key member of the Leadership team and will interact with all leaders in an active and proactive manner. Development of peer relationships with support departmental leads is vital to the success of the position.
We operate in a fast-paced, highly regulated industry where change is a constant. This leader will be accountable for leading the delivery of quality “Best in Class” service to our clients.
● Interact and develops working relationships with strategic partners, vendors, business and community leaders to deliver best in class marketing platform, on time and within budget.
● Storytelling writing and content development skills to create content for presentations, speeches, blogs, social media, white papers and internal communities that connect with targeted audiences. Collaboration with SME’s and leadership for effective delivery of messaging.
● Event Planning – Able to work with leadership and key vendors to plan and execute from concept, planning and execution of a successful event in keeping with our high standards.
● Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve reputation and recognition. Meet with internal clients to create and publish social media and other content as needed; researches, writes and publishes newsletter, press releases, invitations, e-vites; creates banner ads; updates the web site copy and photos.
● Work closely with the company’s sales team and gain an understanding of the customer/client experience; enabling them to meet their business development goals by providing them with the appropriate tools, materials and presentations.
● Executes marketing plans and goals into actionable objectives, strategies and results.
● Understands and avoids risk while serving as company spokesperson for all written and verbal communications.
● Manage operation of the company’s website(s) and email marketing programs and provide analytics and recommendations to improve performance and results.
● Manage key vendor relationships and deliverables.
● Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required, an advanced degree is desirable.
● 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in marketing and communications with at least 2 years in a leadership capacity.
● Experience with an entrepreneurial company along with past performance in growing a business in terms of revenue and brand identity.
● Experience in responding to RFP’s (Requests for Proposal) for new business opportunities is a plus.
● Established and diverse network of business relationships both locally and nationally that can be leveraged.
● Values and a work ethic that are in line with our core company values and employee and client first culture.
● Ability to think on a transactional day-to-day level and the foresight to think strategically including the ability to frame decisions today in terms of impact and costs/benefits in the future.
● Ability to collaborate and build relationships and foster teamwork, including communicating effectively with people at all levels of the organization, but also strong enough to make the tough decisions when necessary.
● Solid project management skills, lead complex and cross-organizational projects, ability to strategically plan a budget and project plans with deliverables that are achieved and communicated to a diverse group of stakeholders.
● Demonstrated capacity to develop the talents and expertise of staff so that they are able to assume expanded responsibilities; proven ability to recruit and retain well-qualified, high performing professionals and empower them to succeed.
● Meeting management skills ranging from small team meetings to large Town Hall meetings and everything in between.
● Manage the marketing budget to maximize marketing investments to deliver sales revenue.
● Technically proficient in Microsoft office tools and marketing software tools.
Compensation and Benefits
● Compensation will consist of a market based salary along with annual bonus potential based on individual, department and company performance.
● Benefits include Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO with Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx coverage; STD/LTD and 401(k) Plan with company match. Paid Time Off (PTO) provided along with Holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer