Industrial Engineer - For world class manufacturer of interior and body trim products for automotive and commercial transportation applications.
This role will have multiple plant responsibility and seeks candidates with strong growth potential.
- Designs, implements and approves the manufacturing process for assigned products. Emphasis must be given to Kaizen, Poke Yoke and the appearance of all assembly lines.
- Provides suggestions during the product design phase for design form manufacturability and design for assembly.
- Responsible for the fabrication procurement of tools and fixtures.
- Monitors statistical performance on the assigned product lines.
- Assists the production supervisor with the training of operators in Lean & Kaizen systems.
- Provides input to the quotation of new and modified products for tool, fixture and labor costs.
- Assists the production supervisor and maintenance staff with the operation of all equipment on the assembly line.
- Evaluates and recommends appropriate spare parts for the assembly line.
- Processes method improvements and cost reductions appropriate for the product.
- Analyzes non-conforming material and determines methods or design changes to reduce the occurrence.
Bachelors degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, and 2+ years experience preferred.
Six Sigma Methodology
Continuous Improvement Process