To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC 20006
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Accounting and Finance (Gov Con)
Cordia Resources • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is a DC based, $50M Government Contracting (Federal IT/management consulting) firm with 12+ years of experience providing management and technology solutions and services to an array of clients. The company is growing rapidly with double digit growth and net income doubling in the past two years. The Firm graduated from its small business status in 2018 and has just finished its fifth straight year of double-digit growth.
This Director of Accounting & Finance role is part of the Company’s management team and is responsible for all aspects of the Finance and Accounting function. The ideal individual serves as an Enterprise Business partner, operating in a dynamic environment that encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing and professional development. The Director plans and directs general and cost accounting, payroll, financial planning and analysis including annual P&L budgets, monthly projections and ad hoc financial reporting designed to optimize enterprise performance. This position manages three staff accountants and the Contracts function and is the principal owner of the Firm’s Deltek Costpoint system.
- Oversees all aspects of the company’s accounting cycle; manages general and cost accounting activities in performing all general ledger functions and keeps custody of accounting records
- Leads annual budgeting, periodic forecasting and other important financial analyses
- Collaborates with other functional leadership to construct and execute Firm strategies
- Assists in developing program management acumen via creation, socialization and maintenance of key analytics
- Manages design, implementation and maintenance of financial information systems
- In collaboration with external Tax Advisory, supports preparation and filing of tax returns; including preparation and timely filing of all accounting and financial reports to governmental and regulatory agencies
- Manages Contracts & Subcontract function
- Works directly with the CEO in the areas of owner matters and corporate finance
- Develops annual departmental objectives and recommends short-term and long-term plans with respect to improving effectiveness of the Function
Compensation $145-165k, depending on experience
Skills & Experience
- Active Certified Public Accountant designation, required
- Experience in Federal Government Contracting, required
- Hands-on use of/experience with Deltek Costpoint, required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- Twelve (12) or more years of relevant experience in Finance & Accounting functions, with at least four (4) of those years in a management position
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work effectively with a variety of professional staff
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Experience with, and strong interest in staff development
- Robust communication skills; comfortable providing both oral and written briefings, guidance and reporting