To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Integrated Clinic Pharmacist
Humana • Houston, TX
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Staff Rx Clinical Programs Pharmacist develops and integrates programs developed to improve overall health outcomes with a focus on prescription drugs. The Staff Rx Clinical Programs Pharmacist work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
This position integrates the pharmacist as a member of the care team within the physician practice. The pharmacist is responsible to manage patients’ drug therapy to ensure optimal, cost effective care delivery and improve health outcomes. This role supports the full physician panel, regardless of health plan coverage and may involve multiple clinic locations.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Comprehensive oversight of patient drug therapy
- Execute clinical protocols as allowed per state regulatory agencies
- Optimization of patient drug coverage benefits for appropriate care and reduced costs (preferred formulary products, lower cost alternatives, mail order and assistance programs)
- Participation in daily clinic team huddles and treatment plan development
- Patient and provider consultation in the management of chronic disease states (cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine, behavioral health)
- Disease state education for patients on appropriate use of medications and self-management
- Physician and staff education for clinical and formulary/benefit updates
- Vaccine administration where needed
- Provide post-discharge medication reconciliation for all transitions of care
- Participate in Annual Wellness Visits for Medicare patients focusing on disease state progression, assessment of drug therapy and providing health management recommendations
- Document all activity within clinic EHR and other required pharmacy or clinical management systems
- Support CMS Stars quality measures for clinic and Humana Medicare Advantage programs
- Active and unrestricted pharmacist license within the state(s) that the provider group practices or ability to gain licensure upon hire
- BS Pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy
- 2+ years’ experience as a practicing pharmacist
- Certified in basic life support (BLS) and immunization administration
- Excellent organization and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and support common goals
- Strong attention to detail; able to concentrate without distraction in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, anticipate and solve problems
- Competent at the intermediate level or higher with MS Office programs such as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Pharm.D. or other advanced pharmacy degree
- Clinical residency in ambulatory care or similar discipline
- Board certification in geriatric pharmacy
- 2+ years working in an ambulatory care/primary practice setting
- Familiarity with electronic health record (EHR) systems
- Experience in managing drug therapy for patients with chronic conditions
- Identify and implement innovative solutions for improved efficiencies and outcomes
Scheduled Weekly Hours