Oneida Nation Enterprises, LLC strives for a diverse workforce. We have a unique story to share and encourage you to learn more about our economic growth in Central New York. The Oneida Nation is on the lookout for the area's best and brightest. Join one of the area's largest employers today!
Turning Stone Resort Casino is one of the top five tourist destinations in New York State, hosting more than 4.5 million guests a year.
We are currently seeking a Security Engineer to join our dynamic Information Technology department.
Summary: The Security Engineer's role is to ensure the security of all information that is digitally transmitted or at-rest within Oneida Nations Enterprises; and ensure the secure operation of in-house computer systems, servers, and network connections. This includes managing the logs from servers, switches, endpoints and firewalls, scrutinizing network traffic, reviewing and recommending upgrades, and troubleshooting all security issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Effectively deploy, manage and maintain all security systems and their corresponding or associated software; e.g. firewalls, Multi-factor authentication systems, cryptographic systems, endpoint protection, multi-factor applications, and SIEMs.
· Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee the enforcement of information security policies, procedures, and associated plans based on industry-standard best practices.
· Regularly assess the configuration of enterprise firewalls, ensuring both security and functionality.
· Assist in the design and implementation of a disaster recovery plan for all enterprise-based systems and software applications.
· Manage security for the network, which includes web sites, intranet, e-mail, and other communications systems.
· Assist in the design of, and/or oversee penetration testing of all systems.
· Monitor all system logs for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution. Escalate issues appropriately as they are discovered.
· Manage and escalate mitigations in the event of a breach.
· Assess and provide recommendations for any security reconfigurations (minor or significant)
· Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
· Test new security software and/or technologies.
· Provides on-call security support to end-users.
· Degree in the field of Computer Science; and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
· Certification in Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), SANS certifications
· Demonstrate broad knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, data encryption, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
· Possesses in-depth technical knowledge of networking in an enterprise environment.
· Must understand and have worked with RMF.
· Experience with HIPAA, NIST, PCI-DSS, and other regulations.
· Demonstrate a high level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Demonstrate the ability to conduct research into security issues and products as required.
· Must have strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
· Must have strong organizational skills.
· Must possess a strong attention to detail.
· Must be able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Must have experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
This job description is intended to be illustrative of the position's duties and should not be construed to be an exhaustive statement of the essential functions of the job.
Oneida Nation Enterprises offers:
- Exciting Jobs & Great Pay
- Recognition & Career Growth
- Fantastic Health Benefits & Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
Intrusion Detection And Prevention
Public Key Infrastructure