To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkhart, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Cost Accountant
Truck Accessories Group, LLC • Elkhart, IN
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Manufacturing Cost Accountant
Truck Accessories Group is North America’s largest manufacturer of quality fiberglass and aluminum truck toppers. TAG, home of the Leer, Century, Snug-Top, and Raider brands, is looking for a highly motivated Cost Accountant interested in contributing to the support and development of our growing team. The successful candidate will be accountable for the ongoing analysis of manufacturing variances, margin analysis, costing projects, and a broad spectrum of revenue and MAP related transactions and balances. Candidates should be comfortable rolling up their sleeves and working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial manufacturing environment. Must reside in Elkhart Indiana or the surrounding area and work well in a small team environment. Please send resume, cover letter to:
Open Position – Manufacturing Cost Accountant
Title: Manufacturing Cost Accountant
Date: December 27, 2018
Major Functions / Responsibilities
The Cost Account directs activities of product costing, product manufacturing analysis, and inventory valuation. Maintains reconciliation of inter-company accounts, collects data, allocates costs and prepares reports on labor, equipment, depreciation, and other operating expenses, ensuring SOP’s are followed in support of Company goals.
- Perform month end close activities related to Cost Accounting.
- Work closely with Operations to identify cost areas for savings and implement cost reviews with Operation team.
- Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing cost, inventory, and expense information for decision making support.
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effect on costs. Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production cost.
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures (and) prepare journal entries as needed.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
- Develop and maintain standard cost of finished goods and production components in ERP system.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing cost and inventory valuation.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with inventory control, and production and work order processing.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of relevant computer software including MS Office packages as well as financial software is required (JDE preferred).
- Excellent analytical, organizational and detail orientation skills are required.
- The selected candidate must be flexible and results-oriented with strong problem solving skills and a sense of urgency. Strong grasp of GAAP accounting experienced preferred.
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and ability to work independently.
- The ability to balance and understand the financial as well as the operational aspects of the business is essential.
- Ability to work to think strategically as well as deliver tactical results is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- The ability to work effectively in a very demanding, rapidly and positively changing environment is essential.
Education / Training / Experience
- At least 3 years’ of Cost Accounting, especially with operational and inventory, experience preferred. A Bachelor’s degree is required in accounting or finance.