· Assists the Vice President of Finance/Controller in directing an organization's accounting functions.
· Supervises the day to day operation of Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable to ensure timely, accuracy and compliance.
· Oversees the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions of the Restitution program
· Responsible for the reconciliation of bank and investment accounts timely and accurately.
· Manage the agency wide annual audit including the preparation of various audit schedules for the independent auditors.
· Ensures compliance with all internal controls.
· Assist with the preparation of annual financial statements such as the Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities.
· Establishes and maintains the organization's accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
· Responsible for maintaining banking relationships with all financial institutions including the maintenance of current signature cards, opening and closing accounts, reducing bank charges, manage daily bank deposits and verification and deposit from various fees generating programs.
· Responsible for the preparation of daily and monthly cash position and cash flow projections to meet requirements of payroll and vendor payments.
· Assist with the preparation of financial schedules for the Audits, Investments, Finance, and Board Committees.
· Maintains the appropriate sections of the of Finance procedure manual.
· Coordinates month-end and year-end closing prepares accruals and corresponding schedules.
· Trains new staff on company’s policies, procedures and systems.
· Oversees the process and data flow between accounting systems and sub-systems.
· Development of system controls to ensure data integrity.
· Perform related duties assigned by the Controller and Chief Administrative and Financial Officer.
· Program Staff
· Finance Department Staff
· Investment and Financial Institutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance plus four or more years of related experience
- Graduate Degree and/or CPA a plus
- Excellent verbal and written and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have the ability to communicate financial information in an understandable manner to non-financial clients.
- Must possess a solid knowledge of accounting systems and must have advanced level of knowledge of Excel
- Problem-solving, prioritizing, time management, team-building and organizational skills are also essential
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Director Financial Operations