To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Development Manager
CareerBuilder LLC • US-Nationwide
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CareerBuilder is currently seeking a Software Development Manager for our Employment Screening division located in the Rolling Meadows, Illinois.
CBES is a company that provides background and drug screening services. But, we are much more than that. We are quickly transforming the company from a traditional production line based screening firm to a technology based leader in the industry. One of our main goals is to utilize technology to its fullest extent in all aspects of our business to provide the best service and experience for our clients and their applicants. Coupling that with the incredible growth we continue to experience makes working with us a huge personal and professional growth opportunity.
If you have experience managing a software development staff, and would like the opportunity to bring Legacy systems up to latest and greatest technology, we would like to speak to you, please apply!
Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate!
As a Hands-On Software Development Manager at CareerBuilder Employment Screening (CBES), you'll have the opportunity to build something extraordinary and lead awesome people. We are seeking a strong candidate to guide our development, overseeing up to three teams of developers supporting our WebACE software system. You will also be responsible for interfacing with product owners and global teams. If you are a development leader that likes working with and learning new technologies along with working with global teams on an essential product for CBES’s future, then look no further!
- A passion for technology and bringing your visions to reality through code and leveraging state of the art technologies
- As a development manager, you will take ownership of issues and challenges and will also be a proactive and effective communicator; this role requires successful verbal and written communication to many different audiences inside and outside of CBES
- You will oversee up to three software development teams focused on bringing the companies vision to fruition.
- Demonstrated ability to earn your teammates' trust and respect through clear, honest, and helpful communication – you must be a team player.
- proven leadership experience is a must, but you should also be able to be a hands on, passionate coder
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming languages (.NET, C#, VB, .NET Core)
- Experience developing and documenting RESTful APIs
- And understanding of different architectural principles including microservices
- Active participant and contributor to a culture of learning, collaboration and innovation; we expect you communicate effectively by leaving eloquent comments on pull requests, and like to use dry erase markers to enhance discussions.
- Participate in troubleshooting complex issues and resolve defects
- Proficient in MS SQL and complex SQL queries.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 7 plus years of Object Oriented Programming languages (.NET, C#, VB, .NET Core)
- Over 2 years of managing direct reports
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Automated Unit Test frameworks
- BS Degree Preferred
- Previous experience working on a SaaS product in an Agile environment
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
- Understanding of CICD and related tools (Git, TeamCity, Jenkins, Terraform, Octopus, etc)
- Angular 2+ experience
- Experience working on both a managed hosting environment as well as AWS