Sodecia NA - Roseville & Centerline
Full Time Employee
Manufacturing and Operations
Relevant Work Experience:
High School Diploma
Tool Room Manager
Tool and Die Maker working in a union production and stamping plant; Prog and Transfer Dies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Conduct test runs with completed dies in presses or in Die Room to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
● Cut, shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears and hand tools.
● File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
● Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
● Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects
● Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates
● Measure, mark, and scribe metal to lay out machining, using instruments such as micrometers, scribes, and rulers.
● Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
● Set up and operate conventional machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
● Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly.
● Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
● Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
● Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.