To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lebanon, IN 46052
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Certified Activity Director
Essex Nursing and Rehab • Lebanon, IN
Posted 1 month ago
Essex Nursing and Rehabilitation, a skilled nursing facility located in Lebanon, IN is seeking a Certified Activity Director that has a passion for providing the highest quality of care with compassion and integrity!
The Certified Activity Director is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing resident recreational programs on individualized and group basis.
Essential Job Functions include but not limited to:
- Organize, direct, and conduct activity programs, groups, and one-on-one programs for residents within their capabilities (functional levels)
- Develop and implement activity programs to meet the interests, the physical, cognitive and psychosocial needs of all residents in accordance with State and Federal guidelines and in compliance with “Culture Changes"
- Assist residents to and from activity programs
- Develop written monthly activity calendars and document residents’ participation in activities and reasons for non-participation in otherwise appropriate activities
- Prepare welcome “baskets" for new admissions (generally consists of personal items purchased by Medical Records/Central Supply)
- Assist residents with shopping
- Complete an Activity Assessment of each resident in a timely manner, identifying past/present activity interests, current abilities, physical and cognitive limitations, and residents specific activity needs
- Be a member of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan Team, participating in the completion of the Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Assessment and Plan of Care, and in the on-going Care Plan review process
- Maintain timely progress notes specific to the individual residents’ activity plan
- Attend and actively participate in facility meetings, such as staff meetings, Department Head meetings, designated committee meetings, and resident Care Plan conferences
- Maintain a working knowledge of current Federal and State Regulations pertaining to the activity program. Educate all activity staff on activity regulations
- High School Graduate
- Activity Certification Course
- Prefer knowledge of State and Federal Regulations related to Activity Requirements
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds
- Must possess the ability and willingness to deal tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices, under the supervision of the Administrator, in accordance with State and Federal guidelines
- Must demonstrate awareness of and interest in the welfare of geriatric residents