ALTA is supporting a client in Washington, DC with a contract-to-hire Helpdesk Support opportunity.
Resources must be local to attend an onsite interview.
- Responsible for receiving and tracking Help Desk tickets and ensure that tickets are resolved and closed in a timely and satisfactory manner against SLA.
- Provides technical assistance and support either in person or over the phone for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Provides phone-based Help Desk support to remote users.
- Maintains daily performance of computer systems.
- Configures, installs, and supports desktop computers, laptop computers, handheld devices, printers, monitors, portable data storage devices, and other general peripherals. Relocates such equipment as required.
- Installs, modifies, and repairs hardware and software.
- Configures IT devices for secure operation, including installation of security software, software updates, and other configurations as required.
- Diagnoses hardware and software failures, communicates the remediation plans to users, and provide status updates.
- Supports desktop maintenance, including inventory and software distribution, and security maintenance, including virus updates and patch management.
- Provides technical support to end-users for meeting management by responding to meeting requests and providing audio/visual support during meetings and conferences including audio recording, broadcasting, robotic camera operation, bridge lines, projectors, etc.
- Works with Senior IT Management to resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Ability to handle all aspects of a task from analysis to final resolution.
- Develops end-user documentation and instructions.
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or discs are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Escalates more involved problems to the appropriate Tier 2 and Tier 3 IT staff.
- Assists in the development of ongoing training and documentation for users.
- Conducts new staff IT orientations.
- Creates and maintains programmatic and technical documentation.
- Assists and/or manages tasks involving maintenance and enhancements of existing systems or implementation of new functionality.
- Ability to write proper documentation.
- Ability to provide support to all level of users.
- Effectively translates complex, technical concepts into easy-to-understand language to assist non-technically oriented customers.
- Assists engineers and administrators with the management and operation of the back-end infrastructure to include servers, backup systems, email and database systems, file systems etc.
- Assists in the provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software.
- Daily operation and routine admin tasks for in-house and outsourced CBPP technology assets, including those in the Cloud.
- Able to set up and manage accounts in Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, etc.
- Maintains CBPP's wireless network.
- Works flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings.
- Performs testing in the Devlab for any new hardware, software, or applications that need to be deployed at the Center.
- Assists in the maintenance of the phone system.
- Interprets and applies policies, guidelines, and procedures of the organization.
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent 5+ years of work experience
- A+, Network+, MCP, MCITP or similar certifications are required
- Excellent organizational skills and customer service skills and the ability to work with a diverse user base
- Knowledge of the ITIL methodology and change management processes
- Experience with administration and configuration of a Microsoft Windows environment including Windows 10 and Server 2016
- Some understanding of SharePoint Online and Office 365 administration
- Knowledge of emerging technology solutions, industry trends, and progressive operations methodology
- Experience in managing personal computers and various COTS (commercial-off-the-shelf) application software packages in a multi-user environment
- Advanced-level expertise with Microsoft Office
- Must be able to lift and move equipment up to 50 pounds in weight
- Able to work extended and flexible hours
- VoIP experience a plus
- Experience with the nonprofit sector or law firm environment is a plus
- Setting up emails, access, passwords, networking (PCP IP- Network+ is preferred)
- Computer Science degree is preferred
Help Desk Support
Local Area Networks
Server (Computer Science)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
View the full profile
Engineering Services //
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
Program & Project Management //
Our expansive program and project management teams support traditional and wireless engineering work including resource & asset management, milestone tracking, real-time reporting, and turnkey delivery. We perform analysis of trends and risks to offer mitigation plans to implement innovative solutions.
Workforce Solutions //
Our experience extends beyond engineering projects. We can supplement your team with a variety of resources including administrative, professional, customer service, and IT personnel across diverse industries for any length of engagement. Our internal recruiting, on-boarding and bill/pay teams enable seamless management of our employees.