To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
222 East Willow Avenue
Wheaton, IL 60187
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Social Worker/ Counselor 1 or 2
Metropolitan Family Services • Wheaton, IL
Posted 14 days ago
Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Social Worker/Counselor I or II to join our DuPage Adoption Preservation Team!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Meets agency expectation for quantity of direct service.
- Performs comprehensive, in-depth assessments for a variety of program services. Performs intake as assigned.
- Provides a full range of case management, counseling, advocacy educational and related services.
- Identifies and utilizes agency and community resources.
- Assesses community conditions affecting clients to identify resource gaps and problems.
- Joins or develops groups and coalitions to address community needs.
- Recommends financial assistance for clients.
- Provides group services as indicated by program need.
- May be responsible for meeting contractual requirements such as 24-hour coverage.
- Represents and interprets programs of agency in community.
- May serve on regional or agency-wide committees.
- May perform a variety of administrative tasks including student supervision.
- Complies with agency record-keeping expectations
- Works effectively with diverse staff and service population.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/ HSA contributions.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan with E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Network
- Master's Degree in Social Work or Counseling or related degree from an accredited college or university.
- Requires two years related post-Masters experience and at an intermediate skill level.
- Must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC).
- Requires mobility to work with a community-based caseload.
- Ability to maintain assigned community and home-based services.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.