The Construction Supervisor is an experienced problem solver and team leader who thrives in a fast paced, challenging environment. This individual works with subcontractors’ teams to ensure that projects are built safely, on time, on target, and meet quality standards. The Construction Supervisor is responsible for the daily coordination and direction of the project subcontractor teams so that projects are built safely, within budget, on schedule, meets the company's quality standards, and meets the owner's satisfaction.
- Leads by example and enforces company and regulatory safety policies and procedures; addresses non-compliance among all subcontractors.
- Sets productivity standards for the project and ensures subcontractors understand expectations in order to meet the project schedule.
- Develops look-ahead schedules and works with Construction Manager and trades to ensure schedule is met.
- Coordinates for timely arrival of deliveries and equipment to site with logistics team and subcontractors.
- Reviews and thoroughly understands submittals, plans and specifications to ensure that the project is built to standard.
- Proactively identifies potential problems or issues and works with stakeholders to resolve them in a cost efficient, timely manner.
- Consistently identifies efficiencies to reduce time and costs to project.
- Meets with project foremen daily to enhance communication, resolve issues and share ideas, so the projects are built safely and efficiently.
- Monitors progress and creates timely and effective daily reports.
- Knows the key operational details of the subcontract and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement and the company's standards.
- Willingness to travel is 100% required.
- Five + years of construction management experience, preferably as a construction supervisor or site superintendent in the solar industry.
- Experience managing subcontractors and craft personnel
- Ability to read and interpret subcontracts.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of various areas of construction (civil construction, electrical construction, utility construction).
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety standards required; OSHA 10 is a minimum requirement.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project and various other construction management tools.
- Professional licenses in trade (i.e. CSL, NABCEP PV, etc.) is desired.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.