To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chatsworth, CA
- Phone: 818-992-9070
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Punch Press Operator
Express Employment Professionals • Chatsworth, CA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
OUR CLIENT IN CHATSWORTH, CA. IS SEEKING A:
PRESSROOM OPERATOR (Punch Press Machining)
We are seeking a Pressroom Operator with strong machine shop skills in operating punch presses and other press machines (drill press, press brakes, etc.) to consistently produce defect-free products.
* WILLING TO TRAIN THE RIGHT PERSON *
The Pressroom Operator, under minimal supervision, will perform all tasks associate with manufacturing small metal formed parts: tool and stamp finished products.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Use punch press and other metal shop machinery to produce precision parts as per client specifications.
• Ability to read blueprints or specification sheets to setup machines for appropriate tolerances, gauges, etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot machines as needed; routine maintenance.
• Maintain work areas organized and clean at all times
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds; must be able to stand/sit and handle repetitive motion tasks
• Must be able to work in machine shop environment (oil/grease, higher decibel levels than normal (within safe hearing range or with use of ear plugs).
• Other duties as assigned
Client is willing to train a good candidate.
Hours: M-TH: 6:30 AM to 4 PM / Friday: 7 AM to 11 AM
Pay Rate: $13.25 - $15.00 per hour (DOE)
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
• All applicants MUST be ITAR compliant (must pass e-Verify for legal work status)
• Prior knowledge and experience in setup, operation and maintenance of pressroom machines, including:
o KOMATSU 25, 60 TON O.B.
o BLISS 35, 45, 75, 110 TON O.B.I.
o FEDERAL 125 TON O.B.I.
o MINSTER 150 TON DBL. CRANK
• Maintain and promote safe work environment according to safety standards set by management.
• Experience with blueprints, specifications/plans, job cards/pull sheets for production.
• Experience with aligning/securing workpieces with appropriate fixtures, jigs, stops on machine beds, dies or worktables.
• Experience in installing, aligning, locking punches, dies or other fixtures in rams/beds using gauges, templates, shims, feelers and hand tools.
• Experience in measuring and troubleshooting workpieces to confirm with specifications using calipers, rulers/measuring tape, micrometers, gauges, templates and notifies supervisors of any parts or assemblies not meeting specifications.
• Manual dexterity and critical thinking
• Knowledge of basic math/arithmetic (basic algebra/geometry a plus)
• Prior experience in metalwork and knowledge of metals
• Mechanical aptitude (machines and tools)
• Ability to communicate effectively (written/verbal) in English - Bilingual OK.
• Ability to be flexible and react to changes in routine in positive, proactive manner
• Ability to meet all physical requirements for role: able to lift up to 50 lbs solo, able to crouch, stand, sit, climb and handle repetitive motion tasks.