Westchester Hospital looking for Lead Medical Technologist to join their night team. This is a1199 union position offering great benefits.
Schedule: 37.5 hrs/week, 12:00am – 8:00 am
· Determine the suitability of samples, reagents and identifies any errors in matching patient samples and results.
· Reports all test results in a timely manner and calls panic values to physicians and nursing units.
· Runs and reviews outstanding work lists and follows up in all outstanding specimens.
· Performs and records all Quality Control results.
· Performs manual procedure diffs, body fluids, and urinalysis.
· Performs all Blood Bank testing including type and screen, cross matches and routine antibody testing.
· Sends out specimens to reference laboratory.