Are you ready to apply your expertise to a rewarding career with a leader in the hospitality industry? Join the DelMonte Hotel Group team! We are currently seeking experienced and driven candidates just like you to serve as a Hotel General Manager at our Residence Inn by Marriott hotel located at 500 Paddy Creek Circle in Rochester, NY.
You will play a key role to ensure a great guest and colleague experience. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement. Become part of our family and see why so many of our associates have made DelMonte Hotel Group their career home. Contact us today – we’re waiting to hear from you.
As a Hotel General Manager, you will function as the primary strategic business leader for your assigned property, and will oversee all aspects of the operation as well as carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
• Direct, train and mentor associates and observe performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
• Ensure all Owner and brand directed initiatives, perspectives and programs are implemented, followed and supported.
• Monitor customer service by speaking with guests, reviewing written guest satisfaction surveys and observing associates.
• Actively promote the hotel and company in the community.
• Assist with the development of sales strategies and action plans.
• Develop and maintain positive business relationships with all guests, vendors and other external partners.
• Represent company at various community organization meetings to promote hotels.
• Conduct regular physical inspections to ensure all standards of excellence are being met.
• Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
• Understand, support and administer all state and local laws/codes in which the hotel is located that govern inn keeping and associate relations.
• Develop and maintain hotel budget striving to meet and/or exceed all financial and budgetary goals.
• Facilitate and maintain on-going communication and collaboration with all associates.
• Perform a variety of administrative tasks including maintaining an accurate inventory of supplies, processing hotel payroll and handling any accounting and purchasing functions.
• Maintain up to date records and files.
• Provide information pertaining to hours and available services of the hotel, i.e. restaurant, lounge, room service.
• Ensure the cleanliness of all areas of the hotel.
We are looking for a Hotel General Manager, who combines meticulous professionalism with a friendly, welcoming, and energetic personality. It is important that you are able to effectively manage P&L and financials to ensure your location’s continued profitability.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, management operations, or related professional area
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Solid organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
As a Hotel General Manager with DelMonte Hotel Group, you will be part of a hospitality leader that prides itself on cultivating a workplace that feels like home and that brings out the best in you, each and every day. It’s the kind of company where many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career—the kind of place where your strengths will be appreciated, and where each of us can truly be ourselves.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with excellent compensation packages, which may vary somewhat depending on location.
• Competitive pay
• Comprehensive benefit packages for full-time positions
• Hotel room discounts at our locations around the globe
• Discounts on food and beverages
• Professional development and advancement opportunities