Matheson, a leading manufacturer, processor, retail sales and distributor of gases and supplies is currently recruiting a Safety Sales Specialist to cover Basking Ridge, NJ
The Safety Sales Specialist is responsible for developing the safety sales business (sales and margin) while building stronger relationships with the customer as a valued business partner. Develops and implements market strategy and pricing points, which grow profitable sales for Matheson across all sales channels and market segments in a given territory. The perfect candidate is one that has experience selling safety products and a background with either a safety product manufacturer or a safety product distributor. The mission is to increase revenue in the dedicated geographic region through safety product sales..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develop sales awareness of our line of safety products and services. Our safety product line encompasses all parts of safety requirements from PPE and first aid to emergency preparedness.
• Communicate benefits and competitive advantages of MTG's product line and safety services.
• Set sales appointments and call on customers in the assigned geographic zones, ensure contact with plant managers, safety, etc.
• The Safety Sales Specialist will be responsible for managing and increasing sales of safety equipment within a specific territory
• Actively pursues and acquires new and competitive accounts with an emphasis on obtaining product supply agreements
• Reviews regional sales goals and gross profit margins within the assigned territory and monitors effectiveness of sales and marketing efforts
• Develops marketing and sales plans to increase sales and profits of safety products in an assigned territory Supports customer needs by preparing quotes, sales contracts and processing orders
• Prepares and presents sales presentations to win safety products business in these accounts
• Establishes and maintains clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer failures, new customer developments and other customer specific information
• Identifies and qualifies prospective customers within assigned area or territory and keeps direct manager informed of such information
• Interprets customer needs and makes appropriate recommendations to increase sales opportunities
• Researches and analyses market data in assigned area or territory to determine new customers, sales volume potential and pricing, and develop a strategy to meet sales targets
LOCATION AND HOURS OF WORK Typical hours for this position are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and possibly some weekend hours if applicable. This is a full-time position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of related outside sales within the safety products industry while working for a manufacturer or distributor (or equivalent experience)
• Five (5) years related experience in the safety industry desired.
• Successful track record of outside sales including growth and meeting sales targets
* QSSP (Qualified Safety Sales Professional) preferred
• Knowledge of safety products and their applications in the market place
• Proven change management skills, including building sponsorship, communications, and stakeholder management
• Experience in Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) and Industrial Vending Programs a plus
• A valid driver's license required.
• Strong Microsoft office skills (Windows, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Exercise strong communication skills both verbal and written
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Approximately 50% travel is required
• Applicant must have a broad understanding of industrial safety requirements and the capability to address them with product solutions.
Here are a few good reasons:
Compensation package including:
• Excellent Health Benefits Package; Medical, Dental, Vision
• Top-of-the-line 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
• Paid Time Off; Holidays, Floaters, & Sick
• Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Sales Referral Bonus
• Driver Referral Bonus
• Educational Assistance
Apply online at:
URL blocked - click to apply
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
Please see complete job description above.