Immediate need for a talented [Test Engineer] with experience in the Aerospace/Aviation Industry. This is a [6+] Months contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in [Northford CT 06472]. Please review the job description below.
Job ID: 19-39972
· Act as Regulatory technical expert supporting Industrial Fire projects. Interpret UL and FM product standard requirements develop and plan regulatory pre compliance and compliance tests and advise engineering teams on product design strategies to ensure compliance. Product design areas include mechanical design, electrical design, and software design/functionality.
· Perform Root Cause and Corrective Action on potential UL864 and FM 3010 hardware and software test failures as they arise, analyze issues and identify suggestions for resolution.
· Interpret product standards including UL 864 and FM 3010, define, plan, and execute test strategy, analyze test results collaborate with global team on project status define and plan next actions.
· Ability to communicate with leaders at multiple levels of the organization.
· Play an active role in the development team to ensure that the development effort remains on schedule and within budget.
· Manage assigned regulatory projects, act as key project interface to FM, UL, and other regulatory bodies.
· Work with UL and FM contacts as required to ensure proper interpretation of product and code requirements, advise design engineers of external group standard interpretations.
· Guide and mentor technicians within the regulatory team in all aspects of project execution and regulatory compliance.
· Ability to interpret product standards to define and test hardware requirements utilizing advanced laboratory test equipment.
Key Requirements and Technology Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline
· Product development experience in a regulated industry
· 1-5 years’ experience in interpretation and application of UL or FM product standards
· Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers and standards agencies
· Translatable experience in a high-level programming language
· Expertise in applying Client Operating System principles for New Product Development
· Experience working with remote teams
· Green Belt Certified
· Ability to travel per business needs. Up to 25%
Our client is a leading Aerospace/Aviation and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. If you are interested in this position, please apply online for immediate consideration.
New Product Development