To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Solana Beach, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Solana Beach, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Experienced Staff Accountant for an Electronics/Electric Components / Parts Company in San DiegoSummary
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for assisting the finance and accounting department in creating accurate and timely financial statements and records for the Company.Essential Functions
- Examine, investigate, approve, and record the Company’s financial records, including source accounting documents and records, (for example Customer invoices, vendor documents, payroll records, financial statements and other financial reports) to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined as according to both Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and within the department.
- Report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Review records of accounts and input entries into proper accounts.
- Develop and implement proper and 100% accurate record-keeping of financial accounts and statements.
- Create forms and procedural workflows and manuals for accounting and operational personnel throughout the Company.
- Become an expert in utilizing the JD Edwards Enterprise Accounting system.
- Communicates with inside sales rep to resolve issues related to pricing or returns.
- Communicates with asset manager to resolve issues related to suppliers.
- Demonstrate outstanding Accounting Skill-Set and Proficient Financial Management.
- Demonstrate excellent team-work and collaboration competency throughout the Company.
- Demonstrate and Maintain Ethical Standards as promulgated by Company Policies.
- Thoroughness, Completeness and Accuracy with regard to all Compliance functions.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Intermediate/Advanced skill level with Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
The Staff Accountant role has no supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for those in a Junior Accountant and Administrative role.Work Environment
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.Physical Demands
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 5 p.m.Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience
- One to three years of accounting experience in professional office environment
- JD Edward experience is highly appreciated
- Strong Excel Skill
- Flexibility: Willingness to be trained.