To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1215 Park Center Drive
Vista, CA 92081
- Lisa Delgado
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Process Operator-2nd shift
Natural Alternatives International, Inc • Vista, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Primarily responsible to produce blends as required in order to satisfy quality, manufacturing and customer requirements. This position represents a critical process in the production cycle and attention to detail is a requirement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Functions:
• Under general supervision, performs duties associated with processing technologies in manufacturing operations involved with blending or mixing of ingredients.
• By end of orientation period, must be able to competently and safety operate equipment associated with blending operations.
• Follows batch record instructions, Standard Operating Procedures, and training manuals.
• Accurately completes required paperwork and documentation, including basic math calculations such as % yield and tare weight.
• Monitors and inspects product quality during processing.
• Disassembles, cleans, sanitizes, and reassembles equipment.
• Able to adjust functional parts and instrument controls.
• Reports process or equipment problems to supervisor; performs minor or basic troubleshooting.
• Cleans and maintains processing rooms and equipment.
• Attends all company training sessions.
• Meets performance standards for quality, productivity, reliability, initiative, safety, and work relationships.
• Carries out all responsibilities in compliance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal, and local laws. Fully complies with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s) and health and safety regulations.
• Operation of auxiliary equipment such as Fitzmill and screeners when required during the process.
• Verifies and checks off all materials against batch record before loading blender.
• Loading of raw materials into blenders and unloading when batches are blended.
• Weigh drums of blended material and record weights on batch record.
• Completes any paperwork necessary (e.g., batch records (yields), drum labels, etc.)
• Clean blenders after processing and maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Other duties as required. May be required to assist in other departments to support workload.
Required: High school diploma or GED
At least one year of manufacturing/packaging work experience; knowledge of cGMP’s preferred.
Ability to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
Must have neat and legible handwriting and be highly accurate in recording on process documents.
Must have good math computation skills and able to use a calculator.
Knowledge of and competency with using metric measurements.
Ability to execute the established procedures required in the Blending process.
Must have mechanical aptitude and be able to react to machine and equipment requirements.
Must be able to work well as a team member with all departments within the company.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop and kneel; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and stand.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
• Lifting requirement: Up to the maximum safety-recommended 50 pounds
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Mainly manufacturing facility where exposed to computerized equipment, moving mechanical parts, forklifts, heavy pallets, moderate to loud noise level, and air-borne dust and powders. While working, will be required to wear various personal protective equipment (e.g., clothing, hair net, face mask, gloves, goggles, etc.).