To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
420 Fort Duquesne Boulevard
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Louis Plung & Company • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 1 month ago
Louis Plung & Company is a dynamic public accounting firm with team members who are committed to the firm’s philosophy of delivering high quality, personalized client service. We are looking for Tax Staff to join our Accounting team. Our dynamic team works with many of Pittsburgh’s leading private companies to maximize their tax benefits, reduce their exposure to risk and fraud, and help them become more profitable enterprises.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Louis Plung & Company, LLP has been recognized for decades as one of the largest certified public accounting firms in the region. If you are looking to join a growing firm, and you meet our qualifications, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
We currently have a need for Tax Staff with 0-2 years of experience. Recent accounting graduates are welcome to apply.
Responsibilities of Position:
● Prepare individual, business, fiduciary, and non-profit tax returns
● Conduct tax research and summarize/ document research findings
● Respond to IRS tax notices
● Work on special projects
● Develop relationships with clients
● Communicate conclusions and results directly to Seniors, Managers, Directors, and Partners
● Recognizes potential problem areas with specific clients and discusses them with supervisor
● Develop a working knowledge of office technology including ProSystem fx Tax software, CCH Document and tax research tools
● Learn and follow Firm's tax processes and procedures
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
● Zero to two years of accounting or tax experience. Will consider recent graduates with bachelor’s degree in Accounting; and accounting and tax internship and other accounting experience is also welcome
● Eligible to sit for the CPA exam; and 150 credit hours required to become a licensed CPA
● Someone who can take on increasing responsibility and wants to advance their career
● Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint). Experience with ProSystem fx Tax preferred, but not required
● Ability to meet client service requirements and deadlines
● Possess strong interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities
What We Offer:
● Summer Hours Schedule: Reduced workweek to 36 hours max per week, which can be compressed into 4 days, allowing for 1 day off each week; from Memorial Day to Labor Day
● Great culture driven by firm's value of quality of life, exemplary character, and superior quality of service
● Individual attention to growth and career development for our staff accountants informally and through mentor program
● Great benefits, attractive compensation/rewards, and fun team-building and employee events
● Hands-on training on specific jobs as well as formal training provided by accredited institutions
● Opportunity to participate in consulting and special project engagements of the type often only found in much larger firms