RPG Analyst / Developer
Hale Trailer Brake & Wheel, Inc. is a family owned and operated, multi-location, full service trailer dealership and rental company with an immediate opening for a RPG Analyst / Developer at its Corporate Headquarters in West Berlin, NJ.
This is a highly visible position in a growing IT department. As an RPG Analyst / Developer you will Design, Develop, Modify, Debug and evaluate programs for functional areas including but not limited to sales order processing, inventory control, customer service, finance and accounting. You will analyze existing programs and formulate logic for new processes, devise logic procedures, prepare flowcharting, perform coding and testing/debugging programs. You will recommend changes and maintain the developed systems along with creating new systems. You will also assist with user training, as needed, for systems as part of the implementation. In this role you will interface with multiple internal department personnel and you must possess the skills to understand functional business requirements and translate them into programming requirements.
The current IS Environment includes: IBM AS400 (iSeries)
RPG III, IV, ILE, CLP, DDS,
Vormittag Associates S2k ERP Software
● Develop functional enhancements to existing S2k system.
● Function as a project leader on assigned projects and coordinate testing and implementation processes for programs, changes, and database integrity.
● Research new technologies to enhance existing programs and create effective new programs that elicit data for better decision making.
● Must stay abreast of new technologies and also maintain strict adherence to coding standards.
● Develop ad-hoc reports for operations and accounting departments upon request.
● Assist in the oversight of server and application file backup procedures.
● Assist with AS400 and S2k application security/setups.
● As part of the IT team, provide backup to Helpdesk Support, document ticket resolutions and perform other duties, as needed.