To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
25 West Lafayette Square
LaGrange, GA 30240
- Terrance Garrett
- Phone: 706-668-5600
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Housekeeper-Courtyard by Marriott
Paramount Hospitality Management, LLC • LaGrange, GA
Posted 1 month ago
As a housekeeper, responsibilities include overall cleanliness of assigned rooms/suites and reporting maintenance deficiencies in order to maintain rooms/suites in compliance with standards.
Average % of Time/Function
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the requirements of the company.
- Provide customer service to guests (internally/externally), including information about hotel services, activities, and local attractions
- Assist co-workers as requested
Assimilate into Paramount Hospitality Management (PHM) culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of orientation and training. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards. Regular attendance in conformance with company standards is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Frequency Key: Rare: up to 1 hour, Occasional: 1-3 hours, Frequent: 3-6 hours, Constant: 6-8 hours
Pushing/pulling--Constant up to 100+ lbs.
Lifting/Carrying--Frequent up to 50+ lbs.
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
- Latex and / or rubber gloves
- Safety glasses
- Safety belts
- Closed toe and heel shoes with rubber soles
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly to your Manager.
Exposures: In this job, you will be exposed to cleaning chemicals, vibrations, humidity, cold, heat, dust, and noise
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill & Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ability to arrive to work on time and when scheduled
- Physically able to move large objects such as: carts, large bags of linen, ironing board
- Physically able to operate cleaning equipment such as: vacuum cleaners, brooms, spray bottles
- Ability to read and recognize room/suite numbers
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members verbally or in written form
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to all aspects of suite
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in hotel housekeeping required
- Background and job reference check, drug screening
- Ability to listen effectively and lead a team
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team, delegate/manage/organize projects and priorities consistent with company objectives
- Brand knowledge preferred
Benefits include competitive pay, insurance (medical, dental, vision), paid vacation, structured retirement plan, and a chance to work with a great team of motivated people.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.