To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Frederick, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Subcontract Admin, Sr
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. • Frederick, MD
Posted 2 months ago
The Research Subcontracts Department provides acquisition support to the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) as well as operations and specific subcontracting support for the NCI-Bethesda, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)and other related Government initiatives. Specifically, Subcontracting provides pre and post-award acquisition and administration for highly complex research programs, scientific services, field trials, and related projects at FNLCR through execution of agreements with third parties, often commercial companies and non-profit research institute and universities.
The Senior Subcontract Administrator will be responsible for the full range of pre-and post-award subcontract administration duties to include the following:
- Drafting often times complex solicitations
- Managing source evaluations, negotiations & award as well as modifications, Determining appropriate contract type (cost reimbursement, time & materials, fixed price)
- Inclusion of FAR flow-downs, other Agency supplemental flow-downs and special provisions
- Submitting required action for Government approval or advance notification to subcontract when required
- Preparing correspondence, documentation, certification, final reporting, and product delivery for major contracts
- Subcontract file documentation to satisfy internal audit, Government CPSR audit, and
- Providing guidance and work leadership to less-experienced contract administrators
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant contractual practices and procedures
- Participating in special projects as required
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education); Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to the education requirements, a minimum of five (5) years of experience in contracts/subcontracts administration in a Government services company
- Must have knowledge of cost reimbursement subcontracting as well as Fixed-price and T&M subcontract types
- Should have a good understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) as applicable to subcontracting in support of a Government Prime Contract
- Experience identifying shifting risk through solid negotiation skills
- Possess skills drafting cost/price analysis and adherence to compliance in a Government services contract environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Applied knowledge of Federal contracting and commercial contracting
- Relevant applied experience in international programs and subcontractors
- Project/program management as it relates to supporting overall programs from the subcontracting perspective
- Excellent software skills (Word, Excel, etc.) Familiar with performance based Statement of Work
- Ability to lead a programmatic subcontract support effort and provide strategy development to the programs related to subcontracting support
- Ability to think critically to solve unique subcontracting strategy development t and handle multiple high visibility critical tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact professionally with program staff, senior management and Government customers
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)