MBA Consulting Services, Inc. (MBA) is a federal government IT systems integrator committed to delivering solutions that solve mission challenges with agility, experience, and innovation. As a mission-focused integrator, we provide a comprehensive range of information technology, engineering, professional services, and facilities management solutions. We have proven expertise in delivering custom data analytics, digital services, systems engineering, human factor engineering, and infrastructure solutions.
MBA is headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, has more than 350 employees, and is in 46 locations worldwide. With proven leadership and a 20-year heritage, our reputation has been forged by acquiring and developing the best talent in a values-driven culture of integrity, respect, and quality solutions.
MBA is seeking A Project Engineer V with over 5 years of relevant experience to support our federal government customer's Package Sorting Technology (PST) Team. The PST team resides within an Engineering organization, and it has many different types of mail equipment sorters. The software engineer's primary role is to support package sorting equipment.
In this role, you will engage with an experienced, cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design equipment. You will have a hands-on role designing, engineering, and exploring prototypes and test solutions for supporting End of Life (EOL) parts with new innovations that support mail processing. You will continually find new and better ways to solve complex problems within constrained environments. You will demonstrate cross-functional expertise to accomplish your goals. You will play a role in defining the approaches and solutions being developed by the entire team. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative, peer environment. You will need to travel occasionally to support testing/deployment/installation for software and hardware at a federal government mail processing center or vendor facility within the United States.
Required for this position:
- Provide support for Equipment Projects from the project management and technical perspectives.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Software Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in machine design, packaging equipment design, automation tools, robotics, PLC or industrial production, or other mechatronics industry as a software engineer.
- 1+ years of experience with VB/PowerShell/Python/Ruby or any other scripting languages.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Significant experience with C, C++, C#, Visual C#, TCP/IP messaging, SFTP and Machine Controls.
- Strong foundation in object oriented programming.
- Knowledge in hardware and software architecture/system interfaces on automation equipment.
- Quick learner and willing to go through extensive training/learning.
- Ability to communicate openly and clearly with teammates.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment and in an ownership and results-oriented culture.
- Travel at US Government Client processing center and vendor location within the United States.
- Experience in 24x7 production environments.
- Industrial controls engineering experience (PLC programming, vision systems, sensors and instrumentation).
- Proficiency with machine and process reliability, integration of human and automated processes, experimental design, statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of analog, digital design, and digital signal processing techniques.
- Knowledge of specifications for standard electronic interfaces and protocols.
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment methodologies.
- Ability to perform deep, technical troubleshooting.
- Ability to understand Operational processes and hands-on experience.
- Show good judgement making technical trade-offs between your groups short term and long term business needs, and the needs of the company as a whole.
- Able to communicate project status, drive and elevate decision making and help requests.
- Conduct multiple weekly/bi-weekly/monthly standing meetings with internal teams and vendors to plan and track deliverables.
- Support development of technical specifications with engineered solutions.
- Hands-on experience with equipment design, machine design, system development and product integration.
- Working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, and software for technical document writing such as Visio, Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint.
- Candidate must be able to sit, stand and work at a computer for prolonged periods.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check & drug test.
"MBA CSi is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.”
EOE – Minority/ Female/ Veteran/ Disabled
- Develop custom applications that meet business requirements using Microsoft .NET/Visual Studio technologies including C, C++, C#, Visual Studio, .NET, Scripting language.
- Participate in meetings with other team members to design user-friendly interfaces in developing high-quality, object-oriented business objects.
- Produce software documentation and updating existing documentation.
- Manage your own work time and priorities in accordance with aggressive development deadlines, client budgets, best practices and a quality/delivery methodology, such as Agile Development, that includes development standards.
- Migrate old source code to new technology.
- Use Oracle to create SQL queries, tables, views, functions, stored procedures, and indexes for use with applications.
Engineering Design Process