FOX Factory, Inc. – Director of Accounting – Coldwater, MI (49036)
About the Company:
For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.
In 1974, Bob Fox started racing his products in motocross and we haven't stopped racing since. FOX has equipped vehicles and racers that have stood atop podiums in every sport we have competed in — from the sands of Baja to the dunes of Dakar.
Our team of engineers perform rigorous tests with our athletes year round. The data we collect from performance testing and our application of that knowledge to our product is what separates FOX from every other suspension company.
Director of Accounting plays a fundamental, hands on role in managing the accounting and financial activities in the business along with working with business leaders and auditors. The Director of Accounting is responsible for overseeing all accounting and finance related activity including the preparation of financial statements and analysis, preparation of budgets and forecasts and variance analysis of actual performance results, maintaining fiscal responsibility, and ensuring the establishment and administration of adequate internal controls within the organization.
The Director of Accounting is also responsible for helping to drive profitable decision making and maximizing return on assets by preparing and analyzing financial data along with operational metrics and then presenting findings from those efforts with various leaders within the business.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Ensure all daily accounting transactional activities are completed accurately and on time
· Meet internal control requirements or define enhancements as needed
· Manage accounting and finance team employees
· Oversee Cost Accounting, Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash, Fixed Assets and General Ledger
· Prepare and submit internal financial reports
· Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
· Monitor all general ledger accounts and review account reconciliations
· Provide support for quarterly inventory
· Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
· Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
· Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
· Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
· Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
· Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
· Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
· Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Assesses current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
· Manages the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
· Coordinates and preparing internal data for external financial statements
· Coordinates activities of external auditors
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
· 5+ years of experience, preferably at a manufacturing company in the automotive Industry
· Experience to include general understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Act
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in terms of being clear, concise, and professional with the ability to work effectively with a wide array of plant personnel ranging from hourly employees to senior management
· Self-motivated with proven track record showing the ability to prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines and work independently with little to no oversight
· Excellent computer skills, particularly in MS Office applications and accounting software
· Strong analytical/critical thinking
Preferred Additional Experience:
· CPA strongly preferred
· 3+ years in a similar role to Plant Controller/ Site Financial Lead
· Oracle R12and Hyperion Financial systems experience preferred
· The ideal candidate will be successful working in a high-pace environment and be able take on new projects and challenges as they arise