Bryn Mawr Terrace is a skilled long-term care nursing center located in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. We are a leader in providing rehabilitative services and long-term care with emphasis on the physical and emotional well-being of our residents.
As a non-profit organization, Bryn Mawr Terrace has a commitment to older adults and we focus all our resources on the care and comfort of our residents. Whether through our highly trained professional staff, the array of services we offer, or the beauty of our campus, Bryn Mawr Terrace is dedicated to enriching our residents’ quality of life.
Bryn Mawr Terrace is currently looking for a full-time Social Worker. We are looking for a team player who has excellent customer service skills in addition to clinical skills. This individual will perform the following job duties and have the following qualifications:
Social Worker Job Duties:
The Social Worker is responsible for acting in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures, NASW Code of Ethics, and applicable federal and state rules and regulations.
This position will address the psychosocial needs of assigned caseload of residents/patients and responsible parties/families on the sub-acute or long term care unit.
Completes a comprehensive psychosocial assessment for each resident, indicating any areas of bio-psychological risk, resident emotional, mental, and physical strengths and weaknesses and project a discharge plan.
Coordinates and implements discharge planning for caseload of residents in conjunction with the facility interdisciplinary team, the resident, and responsible party
Serves as a liaison and advocate for residents and their families.
Admissions Coordinator Job Duties:
- Follow company admission, transfer, and discharge policies and procedures to screen resident’s applying for placement in our facilities.
- Identify potential residents whose needs can be met by our programs.
- Maintain accurate census and bed availability for each unit.
- Act as a liaison between families (before/during/after) admission process.
- Participate in marketing our programs in order to maintain our census level.
- Explain the company admission agreement and all attachments to potential and new residents and resident’s representatives.
- Meet with local special educational professionals, family associations, and other special needs groups/organizations to explain the benefits of utilizing our program and therapy department.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of financial requirements and qualifications for Medicare, Managed Care Insurances, and Private payments.
- Must be able to carry out all assigned tasks with a positive and energetic attitude
- Interview and tour potential residents and resident’s families and/or sponsors to collect accurate information on admission inquiries.
Bachelor’s degree required or Master’s degree in Social Work preferred.
1-3 years’ experience.
Prior experience required in the field of healthcare and geriatrics.
Knowledge of the bio-psychosocial needs and concerns of the geriatric population and their families required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organization skills required.
Bryn Mawr Terrace offers a competitive salary based on experience, and other qualifications. In addition to the competitive salary we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and voluntary benefits, EAP, 401(k) with match, tuition reimbursement, paid-time-off, and more!
Diseases And Disorders