Dawson is looking for a Maintenance and Construction Coordinator for a commercial company.
Ideal job seekers for this role would be those who have worked as general contractors, home inspectors or builders. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience and strong customer service skills, as they will be interacting with vendors. In this role, you will be managing and coordinating maintenance and repairs, renovations, and construction of real estate properties by performing the following duties and responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
• Communicates effectively with customers, contractors and other vendors providing prompt follow-up on all issues.
• Coordinates and/or facilitates needed maintenance on properties, ensuring timely completion of work. Coordinates with accounting to ensure prompt payment of invoices.
• Reviews home inspections and prepares a summary of needed repairs. Including the identification of safety hazards and other potential concerns regarding the property.
• Works with vendors and customers to assure completion of repairs from home inspections.
• Maximizes office productivity through the proficient use of appropriate software applications.
• Assists with the preparation of correspondence, reports and other documents.
• Assists with screening incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently as appropriate. Represents the company in a professional manner with outside customers and vendors.
• Assist with budget planning for capital items and property expenses.
• Conducts repair and construction estimating as needed.
• Works with city, state and local municipalities to ensure all construction and restoration is completed to code.
• Directs and oversees outside contractors for home remodeling and completion of projects
• Manage vendor relationships in a timely, professional and cost effective manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Organizational Support/Dependability – Follows policies, procedures and instruction; completes tasks correctly and on time; is consistently at work on time; asks for and offers help when needed; supports organizational goals and values.
Analytical/Problem Solving – Collects and researches data; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability and is good with numbers; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops and implements cost saving measures; conserves organizational resources.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Communication - Speaks clearly in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate’s degree or three to five years of related experience.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, blue prints and floor plans.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, customer relationship management systems and presentation software.
Property Management Skills: Knowledge of maintenance and repairs, modifications, and construction management services. Able to recognize safety hazards and other issues with homes from a visual and documentation stand point.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch to reach with hands and arms. This position requires occasional travel. As such the employee must be able to fly in an airplane, drive a car and must be able to handle any associated physical demands
Construction Estimating Software