To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Paul, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
PEAK Technical Staffing USA • Saint Paul, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Title: MEP Discipline Leader - PE
Type: Contract to Direct
Location: St Paul, MN
Scope of Position:
Responsible, as a MEP Group Discipline Leader, to assist the Group MEP Principal and MEP Discipline Leader with resource allocation, staffing levels, mentoring and training of staff, development of corporate standards. Solely responsible for developing and maintaining Group discipline standards in compliance with corporate discipline standards.
Also, responsible, as a senior licensed (PE) professional, to assist in training and mentoring of staff, development of group and corporate standards, and in the research and incorporation of innovative technologies. Industry Experience: Construction, Facility Design and Build, BIM, Civil Engineering, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Also responsible, as a design professional, for the production of innovative, appropriate, cost effective, designs, drawings and specifications in his/her discipline for assigned projects. Maintains professional registration and signs/seals documents prepared under his/her supervision.
- Keeps abreast of staff’s technical capabilities, productivity, and workload capacity.
- Participates in Group staffing meetings and makes recommendations to Group MEP Principal regarding staff assignments based on experience, productivity efficiency and workload.
- Monitors all projects in the groups, keeps appraised of deadlines, and advises the Group MEP Principal on staff allocation needed to meet deadlines.
- Makes recommendations to Group A/E Principal on staff promotions.
- Works with MEP Discipline Leaders on sharing of staff among the other Groups.
- Manages and mentors all Group discipline staff of typically 4-10.
- Performs performance reviews and conducts individual development plan conferences with staff.
- 12 year engineering experience, 8 years as a licensed engineer.
- Experienced Group Lead – MEP
- Industry Experience: Construction, Facility Design and Build, BIM, Civil Engineering, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Working Knowledge of software’s such as AUTOCAD, Revit MEP.
- Large Capital / infrastructure projects
- Electrical, Mechanical, Piping Experience
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc:
- Works independently on a variety of projects from simple to complex, small to large.
- Makes presentations to internal and external customers.
- Develops training programs and makes presentations to staff.
- Participates in the development of group and corporate standards committees.
- Keeps apprised of new technologies and assists in the incorporation of the new technologies into the A/E practice.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Enhanced presentation skills.
- Licensed professional.
- HVAC, Process Engineering, Plumbing