Top Skills: Site clearing environment, building slab, placement of concrete and standards, construction and rigging of tower and Electrical exp
R56 Standards is a HUGH Plus
Construction Mrg will be building Telecom Towers and shelters for Public safety sector
Construction Managers Role and Responsibilities Outline
Looking for construction managers (CM’s) that have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the construction of telecommunication/tower sites.
The CM will be assigned to a site and will have responsibility for overseeing the construction of that site with the following responsibilities.
1. Provide construction/contractor oversight and coordination. Direct, coordinate, and assist the contractors in achieving the final product while ensuring conformance to the technical specifications, drawings and deliverables required by the master contract documents,
a. Construction methods conformance to industry standards
b. Experience in the following areas (at a minimum must have experience in these areas);
i. Site clearing and environmental standards for storm water control and grading
ii. Excavating for tower foundations and building slabs/ building forms, rebar installation
iii. Good understanding of concrete standards and placement
iv. Trenching and Underground utilities installation
v. Ground ring installation and resistivity testing
vi. Tower construction and rigging
vii. Knowledge of stacking of towers with a crane and the safety standards involved with this task.
2. Ensure all permits/approvals have been obtained and are posted properly
3. Obtaining/reviewing and approving the following contractor plans (copies of all plans approved by the CM to be provided to the PM)
a. Construction Execution Plan
b. Mobilization/Demobilization Plans
c. Job site facilities (jobsite office)
d. Temporary utilities
e. Safety Plans
f. Quality Control
g. Demolition Plans
h. Inventory Management Plan
i. Labor Plan
4. Conformance to Construction Schedule
a. Schedule Reporting to Civil PM / Weekly Meetings w/Civil PM
b. Detailed inspection and testing schedule
5. Maintain and distribute daily construction logs.
6. Participate in weekly meetings (internal/external) as required.
7. Ensuring onsite equipment used in construction and where applicable has been properly calibrated (i.e. transit).
8. Ensuring adherence to design
a. Conformance to drawings/specifications
b. Concrete mix designs
c. Materials Testing
d. Soil test result review
e. Red-Lined Drawings
9. Computer experience with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word).
10. Additional Experience (not mandatory but would be preferred)
a. Working knowledge of the client R56 Standards and Guidelines related to the construction of telecommunication sites
b. Public safety/mission critical communication site construction.